Ubuntu install error

Hi guys,

Trying to follow this install tutorial but for Ubuntu 16.04, I have the following dependencies/packages issues:

./Setup.sh dpkg-query: no packages found matching clang-3.8 Attempting installation of missing package: clang-3.8 + sudo apt-get install -y clang-3.8 Reading package lists… Done Building dependency tree Reading state information… Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: clang-3.8 : Depends: libclang-common-3.8-dev (= 1:3.8-2ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed Recommends: llvm-3.8-dev but it is not going to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

If anyone knows how to fix it, would be awesome.
Thanks!

You should check your version of clang first. Install the dependencies manually. Then install UE4. Once installed. You will open unreal folder, and go to binaries/linux, and scroll down to editor. LLM is a necessary compiler. We are trying to get flatpak for ue4. I’m not sure if it’s in the cards for immediate future. I have 4.16 running good in ubuntu.

[32/33] Link (lld) UnrealHeaderTool
clang: error: invalid linker name in argument ‘-fuse-ld=lld’
Makefile:207: recipe for target ‘CrashReportClient-Linux-Shipping’ failed
make: *** [CrashReportClient-Linux-Shipping] Error 5
user@PC1:/media/user/D/Games/UE4/UnrealEngine$

Cnnot install on Linux Mint 19.2 X64
Clang is installled
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Buildi…etting_Started