TwinStick Shooter Error with VS13 MSB3073

Hi i have the Problem with VisualStudio2013 i dont can Compile the Code for the TwinStick Shooter Tutorial. I have Two errors and 5 Warnings how can i fix the Problem can somebody explain it in detail what i must do ?? I use the Unreal Engine 4.9.2 Version i am working the first time with c++ thanks a lot i know i am not the first with this problem :slight_smile:

Error 1 error code: OtherCompilationError (5) C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Error

Error 2 error MSB3073: The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” TwinStickShooterEditor Win64 Development “C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\.uproject” -rocket -waitmutex” exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5

Hey MisterW-

The OtherCompilationError(5) is usually accompanied by other information regarding the error. If you post the full Output tab from VS it should provide a clue to the problem just above where it reports the OtherCompilationError.

Cheers

1>------ Build started: Project: , Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
1> Compiling game modules for hot reload
1> Parsing headers for TwinStickShooterEditor
1> Running UnrealHeaderTool “C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\.uproject” “C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\Intermediate\Build\Win64\TwinStickShooterEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -rocket -installed
1> C:/Users//Documents/Unreal Projects//Source//BaseCharakter.h(17) : Unknown variable specifier ‘Caterogy’
1>Error : Failed to generate code for TwinStickShooterEditor - error code: OtherCompilationError (5)
1> UnrealHeaderTool failed for target ‘TwinStickShooterEditor’ (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\Intermediate\Build\Win64\TwinStickShooterEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” TwinStickShooterEditor Win64 Development “C:\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects\.uproject” -rocket -waitmutex” exited with code -1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I hope you can help me it is a long way to learn everything from the engine :slight_smile:

Hey MisterW-

The line just above OtherCompilationError(5) shows that on line 17 of BaseCharakter.h, the compiler doesn’t know what “Caterogy” is. I believe this is a typo meant to be Category and making this change should allow the project to compile.

Cheers

Yeah it works and the Problem was so easy to finish. Thanks so much :slight_smile: