TwinStick Shooter Error with VS13 MSB3073

Hi i have the Problem with VisualStudio2013 i dont can Compile the Code for the TwinStick Shooter Tutorial. I have Two errors and 5 Warnings how can i fix the Problem can somebody explain it in detail what i must do ?? I use the Unreal Engine 4.9.2 Version i am working the first time with c++ thanks a lot i know i am not the first with this problem :slight_smile:

Error 1 error code: OtherCompilationError (5) C:\Users\Waldemar\Documents\Unreal Projects\TwinStickShooter\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Error TwinStickShooter

Error 2 error MSB3073: The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” TwinStickShooterEditor Win64 Development “C:\Users\Waldemar\Documents\Unreal Projects\TwinStickShooter\TwinStickShooter.uproject” -rocket -waitmutex” exited with code -1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 TwinStickShooter

Hey MisterW-

The OtherCompilationError(5) is usually accompanied by other information regarding the error. If you post the full Output tab from VS it should provide a clue to the problem just above where it reports the OtherCompilationError.

Cheers

Doug Wilson

1>------ Build started: Project: TwinStickShooter, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
1> Compiling game modules for hot reload
1> Parsing headers for TwinStickShooterEditor
1> Running UnrealHeaderTool “C:\Users\Waldemar\Documents\Unreal Projects\TwinStickShooter\TwinStickShooter.uproject” “C:\Users\Waldemar\Documents\Unreal Projects\TwinStickShooter\Intermediate\Build\Win64\TwinStickShooterEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -rocket -installed
1> C:/Users/Waldemar/Documents/Unreal Projects/TwinStickShooter/Source/TwinStickShooter/BaseCharakter.h(17) : Unknown variable specifier ‘Caterogy’
1>Error : Failed to generate code for TwinStickShooterEditor - error code: OtherCompilationError (5)
1> UnrealHeaderTool failed for target ‘TwinStickShooterEditor’ (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\Waldemar\Documents\Unreal Projects\TwinStickShooter\Intermediate\Build\Win64\TwinStickShooterEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” TwinStickShooterEditor Win64 Development “C:\Users\Waldemar\Documents\Unreal Projects\TwinStickShooter\TwinStickShooter.uproject” -rocket -waitmutex” exited with code -1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I hope you can help me it is a long way to learn everything from the engine :slight_smile:

Hey MisterW-

The line just above OtherCompilationError(5) shows that on line 17 of BaseCharakter.h, the compiler doesn’t know what “Caterogy” is. I believe this is a typo meant to be Category and making this change should allow the project to compile.

Cheers

Doug Wilson

Yeah it works and the Problem was so easy to finish. Thanks so much :slight_smile: