[Tutorial] - Eat3D Shader FX: Volume Vertex Collapse

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

Just finished up a tutorial this week showing off a pretty neat trick. Hope you guys enjoy it! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on twitter!

Video:
http://eat3d.com/free/ue4-shader-fx-volume-vertex-collapse

Facebook:

That’s so freaking cool. You are one talented guy!

Hah! Awseomeness. :slight_smile: Thanks a lot Jeremy!

woohooo!

This is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to do with materials for my teleporter effect!

(for new readers, this takes any mesh and squishes it down as it gets close to center of a volume)

Thanks for sharing Jeremy!

:heart:

Rama

Edit: wow I got such valuable info from your vid, even in the first 5 min!

I always wanted to know how to make my own gradient patterns!

Thanks again!

No problem everyone :slight_smile:
Glad you are finding it useful!

Nice man :slight_smile: I wanna see that documentation on that water shader you’ve been doing too :wink:

Hey! Wow, that’s a really cool trick and it looks very convincing!
Congrats.

Brilliant tutorial. Thanks so much, I’ll be dissecting and learning every bit of this! :slight_smile:

Oh wow, this looks great! Bookmarked :slight_smile:

Do you have a Youtube channel?

EDIT: Found it: Eat 3D - YouTube

I have a question do the other Eat3D tutorials work for Unreal 4? I’m thinking of buying some UDK tutorials but i am unsure as to which are still applicable.

@Shoiko - They are still very useful as almost every technique still applies. The VERY few that don’t apply are simply re-worked for the new pipeline.
All of our UE3 DVD’s teach techniques that can be carried over and applied to UE4 :slight_smile:

That kind of made my head hurt. It was AWESOME! :smiley: Thanks for sharing all those techniques.

Cheers,
-D

Cool effect! Keep them coming :wink:

this is so awesome !!!
love this effect cant wait for new unreal dvds :slight_smile:

would love to have some more on advanced VFX !!

No problem :slight_smile:

I will definitely be putting together some more free tutorials that will cover these kind of techniques :slight_smile:

Sorry for resurrecting a old thread but this is absolutely beautiful and works perfectly…

However I’m wondering how exactly this would be used for example for multiple collapse points.

Are there perhaps other methods to do this now since this is a few years old?

edit: When I try replacing the “CollapsePoint” Vector3 Parameter with a MPC vector parameter I get the following error:

edit 2: placing a mask rgb between the MPC and the other nodes seems to have gotten rid of the error, not sure how well it’ll work though, seems like a too easy fix.

edit 3: hah, seems to work just fine :wink: can’t believe it was actually that simple. Hopefully this can help someone else.

how did you get it to work with multiple collapse points? thanks