Trouble with Events and Component Children

(Pardon my stupidity)

I’m having a bit of trouble setting up the functionality of a special kind of door I’m designing. The body of the door is divided into a grid of cubes that are supposed to move away individually when the door is opened. Each row of the grid has the same set of x-y-z movements for the cubes, so the cube at the far right has identical motion to the the cube at the far right of every row above it.
I know how to get the cubes to move and have set up the motion successfully for one layer (row) Because of the sheer number of blocks that would go into a completed door, I figured I’d make an object of the single layer (row) and put multiple layer objects together into a door.

So in editor terms:
-I made a blueprint of a single layer (row) using four static mesh cubes; Their motions are defined by four vector curves and a timeline is set up to set each cube’s location according to the respective vector curve. The motion is wired to a custom event “Layer_Open” to be called when the layer should open.
-I made a blueprint of a door comprised of 16 layers; each layer’s “Layer_Open” event should be called in series from the bottom with a 0.1 second delay between layers, and this should be triggered by a “Door_Open” custom event.
-I made a blueprint of the door frame class into which is placed four doors, all to be triggered (“Door_Open”) simultaneously when the character approaches the door frame.

The part i’m having difficulty with is calling the “Layer_Open,” and “Door_Open” events on the child components from the door and frame blueprints. How do i get one blueprint to trigger an event on its child?

Alternatively: is there a better way to organize this? Because altogether there are 256 cubes, and I figured dividing the door into components that held their own behavior would be easier than attaching 256 static mesh cubes to the frame, stacking them in arrays representing the rows, and arranging the blueprint to move the rows in time and concurrently without using 256 curves or timelines.