Trouble w/ simple migration 'missing class' PLEASE HELP! :)

Hello, I am trying to learn and make use of a Sample Project. I have migrated what I need to my project, but the Blueprint complains it is derived from a Parent Class, that the tool did not Migrate (so much for automatically transferring dependencies) so is not working…
I am a Character Animator by trade trying to add this amazing tool, but it has been a near impossible challenge these 4 years, as there seems to be little instruction centered on helping Artists to understand.

`PLEASE do not send me to the manual, if that helped people like me, I would not be here asking for help. I am still searching, clearly the existing info was not enough to spark an epiphany, like a good teacher can.

I learn best by reverse engineering than rote rules. PLEASE JUST SHOW ME HOW. I WILL LEARN FROM THE DOING I ASSURE YOU and be most appreciative.

Sometimes one just needs a wheel, without having to re-invent rubber and steel.

I did a couple screen caps. It is a SUPER EASY problem for one in the know I can tell that much,. I mostly need to know where the Class thing resides, I see no mention of it anywhere, just looks like a Blueprint to me,
it is a Training Sample. They explain everything else I need, except how to actually use the thing! :slight_smile: Or to find this ‘Class’ that the thing wants, so I can copy it, Migrate it? or recreate it…

if it is TOO MUCH more complex than that, I’ll just have eliminate the ‘pull string’ from the game and make it a button instead,. (I need to move on) but my game is getting simpler and simpler as I find things that no one will take a moment to explain in HUMAN TERMS a Non Coder can understand, Artists bring new ideas, when they can gain access to the staging area,.

![alt text][1]

Unnecessary to read rant: GOSH! Every little thing takes almost a year to understand in Unreal, in Unity everything, well it takes no time at all because it all just makes sense, what you try is the thing to do because it is laid out like a software ‘tool’ from the ground up. Unlike Unreal, which is more like a raw, unrefined NASA Program, cobbled together from random things over the decades, then hacked together,. . ,…

I only wish Unity was as powerful… I know it’s not,… but it also takes so long to do the simplest thing because MORE THAN WITH ANY OTHER TOOL I HAVE USED IN MY 34 YEAR CAREER, SO FEW PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO HELP EACH OTHER, REALLY HELP, NOT TELL THEM THAT: ‘READ THE F*CKING MANUAL’ CRAP,. People who help because they like to help and cooperate and be there at the inception of cool new things by, not C++ techs, but Hollywood Artists and Character Animators like myself (that the GAME INDUSTRY DESPERATELY NEEDS FRANKLY), that are adding this tool to try to expand what is out there,. Especially in VR.

Most games that come out all look the same,. I have lost interest in anything but what I make,. But the fact that people are so reticent to share info freely,. Truly is a CRIPPLING FACTOR to the entire industry…

I worked in Autodesk tools since 1989, 3D Studio for DOS, before windows even existed. WE WERE A FAMILY, Ue4 users don’t seem like that at all to me. More like angry, selfish, brooding Digital ISIS. Indirectly Killing Culture that would otherwise have existed, by frustrating Artists that come along, that would have done something different, something amazing, but were forsaken and told ‘go back to the manual and read it over and over until your soul dies’

THE PEOPLE WHO DON’T KNOW C++ are the one you desperately need to make NEW INTERSTING STUFF, If Programmers were going to make good games, than there would have been a good game or 3 in the last 30 years. Not since ‘The Journeyman Project’ in the early 90’s!! LOL … Ahem…

HALF LIFE: ALYX IS LIKE A PAINT BY NUIMBERS, WALK HERE, THEN HERE, THEN HERE,… SHOOT AT THIS,. LOOK HERE. TRIPLE AAA BORING,… yOU WANTTO SAVE THE GAMING INDUSTRY? GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO HELP P[EOPLE LIKE ME WHO HAVE 30 YEARS UNDER THEIR BELT MAKING WHAT GAMES NEED THE MOST:

LIFE and CHARACTERS

I used to work at Activision, I worked on few ok games there,. Interstate '76 was fun to work on,. I worked at Praxis Filmworks, Warner Bros, other smaller Hollywood FX houses, Accent Media Productions, etc. Just be a nice guy and help me out huh?

I have nearly 3,000 dedicated subscribers that i correspond with on one of my VR sites, youtube.com/NextWorldVR maybe i can review your game or send my subscribers your way as a thank you?
Woody.

I’m sorry if your experience with the Unreal community is just people telling you to read the manual, most are friendly and willing to share but it seems you’ve had a string of bad luck :frowning:

If you hover over the asset in the content browser you should get a small hover popup with some text info in it, what does the Parent Class one say? Do you still have the original project you got the asset from? What is the parent class in that project?

Is seems you somehow got that asset and not its parent from another project. If you used the export functionality it might be a native class from some plugin that you don’t have enabled in the new project, or it might have somehow missed the parent class object. We’ll know more once we know what the previous parent class was from the hover popup.