Train, Rail and Roller Coaster System

Hello super work !!
Is it possible to downsize the rails and wagons?

Hi, PolygonJelly. Very good pack and super easy to create what you want.

I try to create multiplayer game, where main vehicle for all players - trains. But even i limit server tick rate on bogie, and use your option ā€œfixed delta timeā€ on train_carriage i see that, when iā€™am play 2 or more players the train speed getting slower as if speed depends on frame rate. Iā€™am tested in editor only. What you think about it?

Regrads and thanks for this greate pack, again.

ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹Is there already a trigger to stop a train for halting at a train station?

ā€‹ā€‹

Is ā€œspeedā€ (constant) in unreal units or its km/h ? Thx.

Hey, are you still out there? I am having some trouble getting custom meshes implemented. The mesh goes in place fine, and the bogies change direction, but the animations of the bogies wheel spinning will not play no matter what I try. It seems as if WheelSpeed needs to be referenced somewhere in the blueprint as a new thing but I canā€™t for the life of me find it. Could you help me out here? Thanks.

Hello all, this post seems deadā€¦
However, I would like to know where I can add an event to start an animation? I mean, I would like to start a train by pressing a key on keyboard. I donā€™t really know how to do that.
And, is there a way to add a ā€œsmoothing rateā€ when using speed trigger? The speed change is very abrupt, it would be nice to be able to control how the system goes from initial speed to triggered speed.
Thanks!

Pretty sure the collision got jacked on the 4.22
The engine bp just moves right through a carriage bp now. Anyone else notice this problem?

Are the tracks for the coasters spline-based? Unlike the train tracks, I donā€™t seem to be able to extend them.

Here you can see the 4.21 has collision but 4.22 does not. It has lost collision.

Duh. I solved the problem with coasters: just change the mesh in the details panel.

Iā€™m creating a horror ride where the player stays in the car the whole time. Iā€™m struggling with how to set up the camera and player pawn. Can anyone share a step by step method? All of my beginners attempts are failing.

I have four 4k maps. I was trying to place it in my maps which will go from one map to anotherā€¦As the train tracks get longer and longer, it becomes very slow and impossible to move the splines. Is there any tricks of placing them in large maps?

In Details, go into ā€œBuild Optionsā€ of your BP_TrainTrack and check the ā€œDisable ā€¦]ā€ options there. Those are meant to lighten the ConstructionScript during editing (uncheck them when youā€™re done).

Hello,

this may be a noob question but would this help me build out a previz VR experience for a theme park ride like the Spaceship Earth at Epcot. If youā€™ve never seen it(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFsd4xJKLEQ). where I can time the cart to audio to move from scene to scene and maybe add a little ride physics in-between? Also does this work with VR? Thanks!

Hello everyone,
Iā€™m desperate to make a minecart game in the Donkey Kong Countryā€™s minecart level style; I am a 3D art director (unfortunately not a coder), I was wondering if anyone could help me to set a ā€œjumpā€ function to the cart of this amazing templapte? This would mean a lot to me. I tried to do it manually but unfortunately it appears to be above my skills.
Thank you so much by advance!

Hello, Can We Make The Trai Be Controlled With A KeyBindingā€¦ If We Can then Which Piece Of Code Do I Have To Refer To ??? Please Helpā€¦ This Would Be Very Useful For A Railway Simulator Gameā€¦ Thanks In Advanceā€¦

I have a question. Do you have a discord channel and how much help can I get. I donā€™t want to spend $30 on this if thereā€™s no help. Videos would help. How to get it Setup so the player can place track down and add trains or minecarts to it.

@Sly401 Can you tell how you do this inserction?

Iā€™m impressed with this package (and accompanying videos), but the last verified version is 5.1, and weā€™re at 5.3 now. Ready to buy, but Iā€™m hoping to build confidence first that itā€™s still got at least some support.

FWIW, I took the plunge and migrated it to my 5.3-based project. Everything looks good so far.