Top-down orthographic camera that follows player

I’m extremely new to Unreal engine and struggling to find tutorials for what I’m trying to do.

Preface
I’m working on reverse engineering a navmesh from an existing game. I’m using Unreal Engine to visualize the navmesh. I’m using DrawDebugLine to draw all the lines and it actually turns out pretty nice. See the image attached.

Question
Now, what I’d like to do is be able to place some dot/character at the center of the “level” and place a camera high up over his head looking down with an orthographic view. I’d like to be able to control the character & camera (locked together) with WASD. I’d even eventually like to be able to detach the camera from the player and still use WASD to move the camera around. What kind of “actor” do i need to place? What kind of camera do i need to add? How to I connect the two? How could i disconnect/reconnect the two at runtime?

Struggles
I don’t quite get the concepts around actors, players, cameras, start position, and such. I don’t know how controls are tied to certain things.

Sorry for the super broad request. I’m just looking for some general directions of documentation, tutorials, videos to get familiarity with Unreal Engine.

Thanks!