Timelines don't get properly parented to Categories

If you change the category of a timeline, it doesn’t get properly attached to the category node. You can see it’s not indented underneath it, and expand/collapse on the category doesn’t show/hide the timeline as expected.

As a side note, it’s very un-discoverable how to even go about adding a timeline. You can’t add them as a component on the components tab. So I would recommend in the list of buttons in the “My Blueprint” tab that has +var, +func, +macro, etc. there should be a +timeline button.

So steps to repro this:

Create a new BP subclassed from HUD

Right click in event graph, pick Add Timeline… from there

Create a dummy variable and give it a category, which it appears under.

Select the timeline and set its category to this new one. It knows it should be in this category, but it is not moved under the category.

Toggle the category open and closed. Actual: The timeline is always visible and not indented under the category. Expected: the timeline acts like the dummy variable

In my example screenshot here, I clicked and dragged the timeline up to the category, but it’s saying you can’t put it into the category it’s already a member of.

Hey Furroy,

I was able to reproduce this in 4.6.1 and 4.7. I also tested in our main internal build, and it appears this bug has already been fixed. The fix will likely be included in 4.8. Thanks for the report, though!

I second this bug. I’m unable to complete the “3rd Person Power-Up Game with C++” tutorial. Is there a work around?

-keep in mind I’m new to the engine.

Thanks.

Hi Xeric,

Unfortunately no, but 4.8 (which should contain a fix for this) will likely have a Preview out soon. Please let us know if you still have trouble after that. Thanks!