This is going to drive me completely crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I TRIED AND TRIED TO ASK FOR HELP ON SOMETHING SO SIMPLE, YES SOME PEOPLE DID RESPOND, BUT THE PROBLEM IS STILL HERE, NOW IF SOMEONE COULD PROVIDE PICTURES AND/OR VIDEOS ON HOW TO JUST SIMPLY MAKE AN ENEMY SPAWN IN FRONT YOUR CHARACTER IN A SIDE SCROLLER FIGHTING GAME…

I’d be so happy thanks! :smiley:

You can make anything spawn anywhere using the “spawn actor” function. As for what defines an “enemy” you will have to program that yourself. The health, movement, and the like are all seperate projects and your question is too broad. Its like asking ‘how do I make a game’.

Thanks! I only put it in caps to capture somebodies attention :smiley:

i recorded a video for you in case you need to understand how set the location of the actor you spawn. it’s uploading to youtube now :slight_smile:

EDIT: the video only shows how to spawn an actor at a location relative to your character. It doesn’t show how to create an enemy or anything like that, because as JiggleWiggler said, that’s far too broad. Video still uploading

here you go, guy. watch in chrome if you want 60fps :smiley:

JiggleWiggler, when I do that it asks for spawn transform, what do I put there?

please watch my video lol. i explain this.

You, you did it for me? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! FRUSTRATION HAS BEEN CURED!!! I just finished the video and now I have something that works FINALLY!!!

did it help you understand?

Did it help me understand? Yeah! I understand it, I downloaded the video to go back to for future projects! You should make more tutorials in the future!

Ha :), maybe one day. I still watch a lot of tutorials myself so I’m not sure I’m the one that should be making them. This was really simple though xD

I tried to repeat the step for a character select, and it seems in the new update Get player character and actor location and stuff are all gone, is it me or is it the engine.

You might have an object selected in the editor and it’s context sensitive, so for example, if you had a random actor selected, you wouldn’t be able to see the “get player character.” In the top right when searching for a blueprint node, uncheck context sensitive and see if that helps.