Download

Third Person Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, Paragon characters, QTE & new stuff is coming!

I’ve responded via e-mail.

Update to UE 4.16 is now live.

Hi, thank you for this great pack.

Is there any way to make the player at the beginning he does not have any weapons then he can pick it up individually instead of having them from the beginning of the game so the player have to search for weapons ?
thank you

Hi,

Is there any way to make the player has to pick up the weapons ? so at the beginning he won’t have any weapons so he have to search for it and pick it up ??

Thank you

Well you would have to script it. Add a state for each weapon - have/have not. Based on this hide weapon meshes and unhide whenever you want. You can find logic for that in weapon change graph. I made a simple walkthrough for unarmed state which might help you https://youtu.be/6RveqARxe1Y

well, I’m so beginner on blueprint and I don’t know how to do it could you do a tutorial about that ? it is not just hiding the weapon it it about taking it also from the ground and showing the weapon’s icon either on top of it when the player see it on the ground, that’s going to be so insane for this pack it is going to be like Metal Gear Soled serious.

Thank you very much again :slight_smile:

*** Apologies - wrong thread!

Well to do it like in Metal Gear Solid it is complete new feature which can take some time to create. But I’ve seen someone made it and shared a repository. Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6vCJQ71-H0

oh no I mead just the pick up weapons not the hole features just some weapons on the floor when you press E player gonna pick it up and he will have a new weapon

I see. Well I think you can look how elevator is done. There is a button blueprint, which reacts to input. It’s a good start. You can scrap animation from it, and do whatever logic you want on “E” input.

How do I update my project with your kit to 4.16?

Open your project in 4.16 and choose option to open a copy - this will convert your project to 4.16 version.
Go to vault tab in launcher. Download update for Third Person Shooter Kit (you have to have 4.16 installed). From this update copy files BP_Blueprint_Functions and WB_Fullscreen_Setting_widget to your project for 4.16 version.

I’ve noticed AI bots makes the game very slow in the demo level. Anybody knows how to fix this? I’m getting under extreme low fps like 5-10 fps during combat if I add like 5-10 bots to a scene, stutters a lot and then comes back to 50-60 fps when it’s over. It’s unplayable like this.

Hard to say what’s the problem. No one reported it before. Editor it self could slow game down. Is it occuring on package build or/and as you play not from editor?

is there some way to adjust the maximum turning angle of the spine?. For human characters it looks a bit exaggerated

Yes, you can clamp angle of pitch and yaw in player character blueprint. Check screens below.
e6e53fde0e85c619383e6e1420236a9ef7e9b3d5.png

884aa9c6c9a2beb90d500a1ad8a486e87993b01d.png

that´s work perfect, thank you very much

Is there anyway to change it from 3rd person to first person I mean not just putting the camera on the players head, I mean making either the zooming system and damaging the enemy and the enemy damaging you

Great looking kit just about to pick it up. Justbwondering how this would implement with player build systems.

As for damaging enemy and player, it should work regardles of camera. Actually there is a zooming/aiming already, so you can change target camera helper location, and use it as a zoom in FPS mode.

You mean like RPG system? Should work fine as a seperate feature since it will be stats based.