I have a set of variables that represent VR hmd+controller location and orientation and I really want them to replicate at each frame/tick.
Of course the pc vr standard is 90hz.
But it doesn’t seem to matter whatever I do Unreal neglects to send certain frames. But I’m thinking there must be a way to really force UE to send those little buggers. Or?
Things that Iv’e tried,
- All current tests over LAN.
- Both RepNotify and Multicast.
- Checked that I don’t have really high bandwidth use.
- Tried different and including over-the-top values in DefaultEngine.ini (see below for current setting).
- I know that the numbers in the variables did change on those frames as I compare with Auth using video capture.
- Using the force net update node just before and after setting the variables to get replicated.
- Changing the numbers in the Pawns Network settings, Min/Max Net update freq, net priority.
This is very frustrating as I feel it really should just send those variables and I have run out of options to nudge the engine to do it.
Any more suggestions?
Is it possible to give the Engine an offer it can’t refuse?