Download

Theoretical New PC Mach II

So a while I posted a thread with my potential PC I was told that the GPU “would do” and that the PSU was “not enough watts for a good GPU”. So I took it upon myself to return my old PSU and get a new one. These are a list of components this new pc will have. Asterisk means that it is already purchased. So can anyone take a look at this and tell me if its good and what kind of performance I will get from it.

P.S. This computer started out a just a gaming machine, then a streaming and gaming, then a development box, streaming, and gaming and finally into all that and a UE4 dev box. So I going for a foundation of a kick *** pc.

-------------------------- Specs Begin Here --------------------------

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Green 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive (Games, Documents, Programs, Videos, Pictures, and etc.)
Storage: Samsung 64GB SSD* (Got from friend) (OS - Windows 8 Pro x64 are purchased)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card
Case: Rosewill GALAXY-02-A ATX Mid Tower Case*
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply*

-------------------------- Upgrades and Later Doodads --------------------------

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Superclocked Video Card
Optical Drive: Asus BW-16D1HT Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Monitor: Acer K272HULbmiidp 60Hz 27.0" Monitor
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC68 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Razer Mamba 2012 Elite Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs A220 9W 2.1ch Speakers
Other: AVerMedia Live Gamer HD - Capture & Share Your PC Game Footages C985 PCI-Express x1 Interface

The nvidia 780ti will be better for gaming/development than the titan black propably.

I think this setup is good to go. Mine is a somewhat better, but I think this can run the editor smoothly.

If you’re going to get an SSD I’d recommend getting like a 128GB rather than 64GB, you’re probably going to want your most important programs installed on there and 64GB will go fast with Windows on there too.

Your main limitation will be the hard disk. You should move all data and applications you use frequently to SSD storage; just keeping “Windows” on SSD is not enough IMO.
I like the RevoDrive SSD cards, which plug into PCI-Express rather than use SATA.
You can keep the spinny disk for bulk storage of video and photos, and perhaps archived games you don’t play, but a large SSD that can keep all your code and tools makes a huge difference!

Raid 0 two fast Sandforce controlled SSD’s and it would be fast.

The two most mentioned things here are the GPU and the SSD. I want to address these first for the GPU I now bigger is always better but I want to fork over 500 initially that is I do plan on getting a Titian but buying the 770 instead of a 780 or 780 Ti is good for a start. Second the SSD. I was not originally going to even have an SSD but a friend who works for IT at my school offer to give me one from a computer I know again that for storage bigger is better but since I got a free 64GB SSD I cant complain buying a bigger SSD is probably a good call when I consider upgrading thanks for the help though.