Editor Crashes when I open any BP that I made

Before 4.4.2 update my project started crashing when i would open it. i didn’t do anything crazy to make it do this. as a matter of fact everything was fine last time i saved and closed editor. i changed my default map to StarterMap and it will load now but every time i try to open a BP it crashes with no reason in crash report. i send a report a few times but i don’t want to send a million of same thing lol.

I copied my BPs and opened them in another project and some of them will open without crashing but they are all messed up. pins look half connected and when i fix it and compile it crashes…

I tried to load a backup and does same thing.

Can someone please help me with this. i DO NOT want to loose all work Ive done…

Hi ,

Please provide logs for project after it crashes. You can read about how to report a bug and find logs here:

Thanks!

Here is files after crash. crash reports dont say anything anymore it is just (sorry for inconvenience) kind of message.

this log is what happends every time i try to open or compile a BP for my project. Like i said in my question, it does it even in new projects with these BP’s.

Log and DumpFile

I had that too from time to time and was unable to resolve it most of time (sometimes deleting/moving my last changed BP out of Content Folder helped). This is why it is extremely important to use Version control like Subversion or Perforce all time and often when doing serious work.

Ya problem though is that problem started randomly before i updated to 4.4.2.

Any help would be great! @TJ Ballard Thank you for fixing that i didn’t even notice!

Hey ,

Sorry for delay in response. I am waiting for developers to get a chance to look over logs you attached. Could you also attach one of Blueprints that consistently crashes editor, even when placed in a new project? Thanks!

Hello ,

Thank you for reply! Attached is file with all BP im having trouble with.

FileHere

I haven’t tracked down exact fix, but when I load your project in 4.5 I don’t crash when opening BP_BaseItem blueprint. I was able to reproduce crash in 4.4

Is it possible for you to upgrade to 4.5? It should be painless if your project is content only - and even with code it should be quite straightforward.