Download

Tesselation on foliage

Hi

Does tesselation works on instanced meshes? Lets say on trees? I made a simple material but I have errors as soon as I paint the meshes on my terrain.

Error [SM5] FlatTessellation.usf(129,2-33): warning X3554: unknown attribute partitioning, or attribute invalid for this statement, valid attributes are: domain
Error [SM5] FlatTessellation.usf(129,34-64): warning X3554: unknown attribute outputtopology, or attribute invalid for this statement, valid attributes are: domain
Error [SM5] DebugviewModeVertexShader.usf(68,26-56): error X3504: array index out of bounds

Any idea?

I don’t get such errors and tessellation compiles fine for me

but then it gives me some major slowdowns, to the point of crashing my GPU if I use it on a somewhat large scene
look what it does with only 5 instances:

made an issue for it
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/387153/tessellation-and-foliage-cause-the-video-driver-to.html

eventually got a ticket that eventually got pushed and backlogged. perhaps give your vote?

I haven’t tried it in 4.14 but someone reported that the issue that I’m having is still there (which would mean that the material compiles fine)

Are you plugging any custom nodes into tessellation pin?
Are you using SpeedTree wind ?