- Established-Indie-Game

Hello guys, thank you! I’m very happy to be a part of UE4 community and I cannot wait to showcase some neat Updates! Gonna take a while though, as we want to first get a great playable build together :slight_smile:

Those environments are outstanding! You guys need a website though. Even if its just a simple portfolio of all the work you’ve posted here. Going to just shows a completely unrelated joomla template that looks awful. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this game’s progress!

Best of luck! I’ll keep an eye on this one, looks !

Can’t wait to see the update! :slight_smile:

We will post it end of October, as we are waiting for 4.5 to come :slight_smile:

I wonder what’s going to be in 4.5. I personally would like to see gamepad support for UMG soon. anyway, still excited to see on UE4. Can’t wait! :slight_smile:

Better foliage support! :wink: Next week! (week of sept 29th)
Can’t wait to see what they did in detail.

Edit: It’s actually not. But the longer we wait the better it will be…Hopefully :).

Very nice environtment! Can’t wait how it looks on UE4

Looks great guys, sorry to here about your previous experience, Epic should open a Cryengine refugee center as more are sure to follow

Badass, I’m a spotlight member now! Yaaay :slight_smile:

How did you become one?^^

This really looks amazing. Any UE4 videos in the works?

Thank you, !

We are working very hard on our prototype and should have something presentable end of March hopefully. Around this time we will also be applying for UE4 Dev Grant! :slight_smile:

, I can’t wait to see how to foliage comes out.

We currently don’t have issues with foliage (still using 4.6 and about to switch to 4.7.1), but we’ll be actually waiting for 4.8 and the new ecosystem. Then we will really spam our foliages around the map, haha. Curious how the new lighting model for foliage in 4.7.1 works!

Looking at the last update screens nothing looks natural and it’s not to do with the foliage material but rather with your meshes and the way they are placed. If you’re going for a realistic look (which i think your team is) you need to look at the real world as a reference plus historical records of that era (50.000 years ago).

Land: Find a real interesting location area in Europe that matches what you have in mind for (a cold area, after all it’s supposed to be a glacial period), extract it’s elevation map and use a terrain editor to add more details to it until you get a super-realistic terrain. Use the real satellite imagery to help you with the texturing and where to place the trees/foliage. Then use photos from ground level to help you get the right color balancing.
Character: Neanderthals were stocky, hairy, and covered most of their body in cold periods (hands and feet too).

Land: Yeah, those screenshots are a bit outdated though. I live in the heart of Europe (Austria) there’s quite a variety of landscapes here, so it works pretty well.

Character: Who says she’s a neanderthal? :stuck_out_tongue:

The project is looking great. You guys have been in production since 2011. Are you nearing release or beta?

We have been developing the game on another engine before UE4. Right now working towards prototype, and then might apply for grant :slight_smile:

now an openworld survival game. Read more infos on our newly announced website here: ://www./-goes-openworld/