Still zero support for console developers

Hello,

It’s quite entertaining to see how Epic always tries to focus on how in touch then are with indie developers and how awesome it ist. But actually they don’t care at all.

It’s been over a year now that I started to develop for PS5 and Xbox Series consoles. Until now there is zero documentation or an example project or any kind of help.

Getting around Xbox is as always fairly easy but PS5 is some crazy stuff. Like always with Sony.

A lack of documentation and help for non custom license holders is frustrating and an extremely bad sign.

We are several developers who are blocked for month now with tons of questions in the forums. No epic employee has ever been seen there and we need to guess and force our way trough it.

I know from various other developer using several engines that they all get extensive support - for free.

It’s surly not the Lack of money on epics side and they have on guarantee a documentation and an internal test/example project to verify all systems.

Now when do we see any kind of support or should we just move to an engine with support?

I’m around for nearly 10 years and the support for UE3 was okay. Since then the quality of the engine, documentation and support has started to get worse and worse every year.

Is there any hope?

1 Like