Download

Static Meshes Causing Brightness

Okay, so here is a video to help explain. I have a day/night cycle. The static mesh goes extremely bright at only a certain time of day, for maybe 5 - 10 mins real time. I cannot figure out why this is happening. The environment light intensity is set to 0. My ambient cubemap intensity is set to 0 and the directional light shouldn’t be doing this. I looked at the cubemap (thinking it was the clouds causing the light), and I can’t see anything that would be causing this. The material shader is well written and I can’t see why or how the shader is causing this at only specific intervals. As you can see in this video, the brightness is extreme just before the sun comes up (where the brightness of the mesh goes back to almost 0). Any suggestions?

[video]http://tinypic.com/r/2ugjedg/8[/video]

Right before sunrise the terrain also lights up though, which can be the same issue, and I take it the foliage is more sensitive to it than the terrain, thus shows the issue earlier. Or such.

How does the foliage material look?

I had similar issues in Solus. The sun would cut through the whole level before sunrise, or after sunset, but only for a limited period of time. and I ended up making the sunlight brightness fades in on sunrise, to ensure that brightness = 0 until the sun actually rises up from the horizon.

It’s because of the directional light. I set the directional light intensity to = 0 and I don’t get the light up on the foliage. My dilemma is, I don’t know how to set it up in blueprint to set the directional light to = 0…stuck there now.