Splitscreen: Separate Cameras and Control Functions for New Players

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get a splitscreen feature on my game however when the game starts, it loads two pawns into the game and will just duplicate the camera for one of the players. The second player can still be controlled and moved around however it just will not give it it’s own camera as you can see below.

The blueprints that I believe are responsible are these:

d1d39ae9c966c0ff467f157f6117277b6367eeaf.jpeg

This is a camera delay function that I added directly into the Event Graph of the ship pawn:
4d112ee603a5ad9c71d318299803773608e58d5e.jpeg

Before I had added another player controller to the “Set view with Target Blend” function the camera was seriously warped so I think I am on the right track, I just cannot figure out how to get a separate camera for the second player pawn.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance!

I have no experience in split screen, but if your pawn is setup properly, the camera should automatically become the view target once the controller possess it.
And the way you use SetViewTargetWithBlend that have 2 target input sets the the same camera actor maybe what’s causing what you saw.

Yeah I’m really not sure how it works with regards to that. I thought it would work by adding another player controller onto the Set View Target Blend but nothing seems to happen.