I need some help figuring out a best practice for denoting sound class assignments for my game.
Currently, you can assign sound classes in two places:
- Inside the Sound Category of the Details pane on a Sound Wave Asset
- Inside the Sound Category of the Details pane on a Sound Cue Asset
First off, I’d love to have some clarity on how these two parameters interact with each other:
- If a sound cue set to the Master Sound Class plays a wave set to the VO Sound Class, which Class is that assigned to?
- If a sound cue set to the VO Sound Class plays a wave set to the VO Sound Class is any attenuation applied to the VO Sound Class applied twice?
Secondly, I’d love to hear about some best practices here. In my case, I’m relatively sure that sounds will only belong to a single sound class, and I’m definitely sure that I’ll be playing all of my sounds via cues. In that case:
- Should I be setting sound classes on my Sound Waves, on my Sound Cues, or on Both?
- Should I only be setting sound classes on Sound Waves not played within sound cues (I won’t be doing this, but maybe someone else here will be)?
Thanks so much for helping to clarify some best practices here. I’ve decided it’s high time to get this sorted for my project, before things get too set in stone.