Skeletal model joints stuttering/jittering in LODs lower than BaseLOD

Just noticed this weird issue last night (UE 4.25.1):

UE4 lower LODs animations jitter issues - YouTube](UE4 lower LODs animations jitter issues - YouTube)

Is it a bug or was it always like that in UE4 ? I never used pre-made LODs before. It was always either BaseLOD-only skeletal models, or LODs were generated by UE4 in 4.23/4.24. I’ve never seen anything like that.

Animation/skeletal mesh do not stutter/jitter neither in animation software nor in the source FBX file.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I am seeing this issue in the Editor and in the packaged builds. Also worth mentioning that this issue is not related to the imported FBX - it’s specific to LOD1 “container” and below (it’s extremely pronounced on LOD2). I can reimport mesh used in LOD2 as baseLOD mesh and animation will play rock solid for baseLOD.

So, I killed all assets for that character, restarted UE4, re-imported FBX files and … it works now :rolleyes:

A few things I did differently. One was unchecking “Remove something-something anim frames” and another - I checked “Preserve Local Transforms”. I don’t know if that was the culprit, but it seems to work fine now… UE4 can be such a black box at times :frowning: