I didn’t remember such issue in UE3. When one of a bone of ragdoll is marked as kinematic simulation is completely broken. I’m able to reproduce this issue in 4.4.3 ShooterGame example:
- Download 4.4.3 engine version
- Download ShooterGame for 4.4
- Open PhysicsAsset’/Game/Characters/HeroTPP/HeroTPP_Physics.HeroTPP_Physics’ in the PHAT editor
- Mark for example b_Spine1 as kinematic
- Start simulation and observe the issue
Only ‘hips’ bone marked as kinematic works as expected:)
Dunno, may it be, but We will wait for EPIC response.
Hi, I checked this issue in 4.6 and it works better than in 4.4.3 but problem still persist for certain bones:
- b_Hips, ok
- b_Spine1, almost ok, but for some reason the ragdoll is dragged by b_Spine1 body under the ground
- b_head, almost the same case as b_Spine1 but the ragdoll is falling forward
- b_LeftUpLeg, woohoo the ragdoll is rotating around hips
- b_RightFoor, broken the ragdoll is dragged under the floor
When body is marked as kinematic, it should stay where it was before simulation. Why am i even reporting this? I think if it reveals here it may reveal somewhere else.