Sidescroller aim-offset with controller

Hey everybody.

I’m currently working on a sidescroller using the template as my base and I’ve run into an issue with aiming. I have it working using the mouse position; but for some reason I can’t get it to aim vertically using my controller. I thought that would actually be easier but for some reason I just can’t figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind, I figured it out. The problem was that I had left the range value as the default “1” in the input settings. Once I changed this to 90 to match my aim offset it works perfectly.

3D sidescroller shooting in angles WITHOUT a mouse.

Hi guys, I’ve been searching on the web for the answer for months but I haven’t been successful.
The question is simple, but the answer seems to be something sacred and very difficult to find.

OK, let’s go …

How can I create a script of mechanics similar to Bass or Axel (from Megaman) from sidescroller 3d shooting game? How to make a 3D sidecroller character shoot at angles or aim WITHOUT a mouse.

All the answers I found on the internet is about to aim using mouse location, but in my project the player will not use the mouse. Only the keyboard or gamepad.

I want to make my character shoot or aim at + and - 45 degrees to the left, right, up and down using only the gamepad’s directional movement control with a aim button (like LT + directional button to aim and X to shoot)

The question seems to be simple, but the answer just doesn’t exist!

I need your help and thanks so much for the time wasted to give a little attention to my task!

I too am looking for an answer for this that works.

How did you get it working? I have mouse aim and I also need controller input too for the right thumbstick. This should be easy but it’s not lol. Can you show a screenshot of your blueprint?