Download

Show mesh on low, but hide it on Medium and High Detail mode?

It’s definitely possible to hide a mesh on low detail and show it on Medium & High… but what about doing the opposite? Hide mesh on High and Medium, but show it on low? This would be useful for switching to a super low poly mode. Imagine a high detailed map that switches to a low poly map only on low detail mode.

Currently, the only way I have been able to figure this out is to put the low poly meshes in the map, but then use a quality switch on the material to set the Opacity Mask to 0 for Medium and High detail modes. This effectively hides the mesh for Medium and High - but has drawbacks. Shadows from high detail meshes that have been set to display only on Medium and High get baked onto the low poly mesh. I’ve tried everything to get rid of these baked shadows but have gotten nowhere. My only option is to set the low poly meshes to “movable” that way they do not get any static shadows, but this is not ideal since the low poly meshes will look bad without static shadows. Dynamic shadows look fugly on these because they disappear when the camera moves too far away.

Any suggestions for any of this would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

Thanks!
-Neil (CaptainMigraine)