Support thread - shooter bp project

Hi, i have purchased this product, but in marketplace i see other product

Look inside your Vault for “FP/TP Gun”. It’s the same product with a different name, you can download and use it as normal.

So I just downloaded this and noticed that in Third Person the sights are off. The bullets strike to the left of the crosshairs and gun customization only works in first person view.

Sorry, but there’s no way the sights are off in 3rd person because when you look through the lens you’re in 1st person. I guess what you’re referring to is the crosshair in 3rd person, the crosshair in 3rd person isn’t very exact, that’s true.

About gun customization, if you try to customize the gun in 3rd person, you won’t see the gun up close and the character’s body will occlude your view…

Is there an easy fix for the crosshairs in 3RD Person so everything looks properly centered to the player?

Shots come off from the 1st person camera, so when you are in the 3rd person camera I think one option would be to trace from the 1st person camera straight forward, then get the hit location and feed it to a node like ‘ProjectWorldtoScreen’ to get where on the screen that point is, than move the crosshair there on screen. I haven’t tested this, though.

I guess some people prefer the inverse, something like using ‘DeprojectScreenToWorld’ to get where in the world the crosshair is pointing to, then make the character shoot there. I suspect this is more tricky, but I also never tried this.

I think the cheapest way would be to simply make shots come off from the 3rd person camera while you’re in 3rd person view…

1 Like

Is there a tutorial video?

Yes, there is: - YouTube

Thank you!

Thank You!

Hi @PEACESELLS9631 I would like to add an unarmed state. So I can toggle between armed and unarmed. How should I go bout it?

I have created a new blendspace with the anims I want, and have made a state machine in the abp. I also created an enum to switch between states in the character bp but it is not responding when i play however it works in the anim bp preview.

Hey! Regarding the addition of an unarmed option, I wouldn’t add it as a new state in the armed state machine, I would add a separate unarmed state machine, this would make things easier, IMO.

Regarding the anim BP preview window, it takes into consideration the default values for the vars, while in-game these values will change in real-time. Unreal’s anim BP has a panel called ‘Anim Preview Editor’ (usually located on the lower right corner), which lets you change the values of each var in real-time for testing in the preview window without changing the default values, which is useful.

Product updated (see change log)

Hi, just purchased the asset, so maybe I’m doing something wrong, but Pressing “V” does not seem to change sights. I have added extra sight to barrel.

Hello and thank you!

Where did you add it? If it’s out of the angle limit, the code will prevent you from using it. Press Y to adjust the angle limit. If you want to use a sight in an horizontal angle, for example, the angle limit must be more than 90 degrees.

Here, I made a video of the issue i’m having, maybe it’s clearer. ShooterGunSystem Test - YouTube

1 Like

Oh yes, I see what you mean now, thank you for making the video!

Just place a rear sight to go with this front sight and it will work (the front sight alone won’t work without the rear sight):

For that location, you’ll need a canted rail for the rear sight too. You’ll need to make room by removing both the rear sight and the optic that are initially there . After placing the rear sight, you can place the optic back.

Regarding you not seeing the other player in multiplayer, check this setting before you hit play and make sure you are not choosing “Play Standalone”:

1 Like

Awesome thanks, solved both of my issues.

1 Like

Product updated (see change log)

Hi, not sure if this has been asked before, but is there a good/recommended way of handling left hand positioning? Either when adding a vertical grip attachment or switching weapons? I have a somewhat working solution but it causes the left hand to lag behind and stutter a bit, which is quite obvious.

Child Gun Part Vertical Grip blueprint function to return a named socked for left hand transform:

Updating left hand bone in AnimBP to socket location:

AnimBP UpdateGraph sets the transform from the gun part component for left hand grip:

Updating settings for various Child Gun Parts in ModifyGunProperties function:

I’m trying to avoid the huge ordeal of having separate animations for each rifle type if possible and solve it with a few localized blended anims for hand grip, or hand placement, if possible. But in an efficient way. So if you have any thoughts or ideas on how to fix the lag for the left hand position, I would appreciate it. :slight_smile:

UPDATE:

Figured out the lag issue, I had to transform from world space to bone space the location of the grip socket…

Hi PeaceSells

I transplanted ‘shooter gun system’ into my character.

However, the coordinate axis is Maya, and the location is strange.

Please advise on how to fix this