Download

Shooter Gun System

Hey, how fix it?

If you’re referring to automatic folding of the arms when touching a wall, I can make suggestions but I don’t have details as I haven’t done it myself (it’s not in the product’s list of features). You could use a collision event of the gun (ActorBeginOverlap?) to trigger a code that you do in the Anim BP to move the right hand IK target (VB hand_r) to somewhere closer to the character (through a TransformBone node?)

But all that would have to be tested…

Either you increase the size of the radius of the capsule or you can check for weapon block tutorials on youtube. The method uses linetraces/sphere traces to detect a hit and it will either play an animation for folding it sideways or use IK to pull the gun in a direction you specify. Try to check AngelV weapon block tutorial as it has the best logic for the sphere traces and wont have problems with jittery trace on an angle (other tutorials). It also uses true FPS character.

Hey I bought your asset and its amazing i have a question or two you can link me
to the discord

Yes, I’ve sent you a private msg!

Any new stuff coming? :slight_smile:

When the update comes out ?

There’s new stuff to come, but I can’t give you dates…

Could I get a link to the discord please?!

I’m also having an issue and I have no idea what happened. I was messing around in the animation blend spaces to change the run speed from 480 to 600 and now when I hit play and walk forward, the character shoots off to the left. I have no idea what’s happening or why, or even how to fix it now.

Edit: I’ve narrowed it down to only happening when the character has two weapons I added in its inventory. It doesn’t do it if the second weapon is set to none or a demo one all together. And, if I flip the order of the weapons I added it doesn’t do it. What the heck is going on?

Edit 2: I also would like to disable the 2nd inventory slot altogether anyways so that’s not that big of a deal. As well as disable the attachment selector button. How can I do this without getting an error when the second inventory slot is set to none?

Edit 3: I also seem to have an issue with the aimpoints. I have it set up properly as far as I can tell. Hit “V” and the sight switches to the canted sight. But, if I hit “V” again, it lowers the gun in the view and switches to back to the uncanted, hit “V” again, and it switches to the lowered canted sight. Then hitting “V” another time raises the sight back to the proper position in the uncanted view. There is no aimpoint that is set that low/high on the gun, (can’t tell if its up or down) to make the gun lower like that.

Yes, you’re very welcome to the Discord server! I need to send you the invite privately, could you please send me you Order ID in private? If you want to see your Order IDs, just login to unrealengine.com, hover over your username, then click Personal → Transactions.

The thing is that BlendSpaces have no effect on gameplay mechanics, it only changes animations. I suspect you changed something in the blueprint code accidentally. What do you mean by the character shoots off to the left?

Sounds like you accidentally changed some code in the blueprints…

You’ll get errors when you remove something the code is trying to access. You should remove the item from the array instead of setting it to none. Better yet, remove it from the StartingGunsInventory array so it’s not even created in the 1st place, if you don’t want it.

Are you sure you don’t have ‘extra’ aimpoint sockets laying around in your gun or skeleton (or attachment) that don’t correspond to any existing physical sight? Because I’ve never seen the view go to ‘extra’ places without aimpoints before…

The thing is that BlendSpaces have no effect on gameplay mechanics, it only changes animations. I suspect you changed something in the blueprint code accidentally. What do you mean by the character shoots off to the left?

Sounds like you accidentally changed some code in the blueprints…

If I did, and to be totally honest I don’t remember changing anything other than the character mesh, I don’t know what it was. I did try adding it to the same project a second time to overwrite the files in the event that I actually did mess something up but it didn’t seem to fix what ever I broke. I mentioned the blendspace because it happened right after I was messing with it. I’ll change something, test, change back if I have to, test, repeat. I messed up somewhere, just don’t know what it was that I messed up. But I can show you this in the discord if you wish by sharing my screen with you.

Are you sure you don’t have ‘extra’ aimpoint sockets laying around in your gun or skeleton (or attachment) that don’t correspond to any existing physical sight? Because I’ve never seen the view go to ‘extra’ places without aimpoints before…

Ummmm…no…I’m not sure…but now I’m definitely going to double and triple check everything. I was only looking on the rifle, didn’t think to check the character.

Edit: I figured out the aimpoint issue.