Saving level triggers crash

I cringe everytime I hit the save button. This error keeps happening:

[2014.10.16-16.26.52:597][261]Cmd: OBJ SAVEPACKAGE PACKAGE="/Game/Maps/Warehouse" FILE="…/…/…/…/…/…/home/redneck/Documents/Unreal Projects/BlueFPS/Content/Maps/Warehouse.umap" SILENT=true AUTOSAVING=false KEEPDIRTY=false
[2014.10.16-16.26.53:585][261]LogTextureisplay: Building textures: Texture2D_3 (BGRA8)
Fatal error: [File:/work/unreal/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Runtime/CoreUObject/Private/UObject/UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 91]
Illegal call to StaticFindObject() while serializing object data!
[2014.10.16-16.26.58:139][261]LogLinux:Error: appError called: Illegal call to StaticFindObject() while serializing object data!
Signal 11 caught.

Saving a material from the material editor is the most common trigger for it. But it’s also happening from the main window since I added a landscape. Is there a work-around for this?

Hey Whammy -

If you are still having this issue in the newest version of the engine please let us know, this particular crash should be fixed as of 4.5.1.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Do you know which files were changed to fix this?

Hey Whammy the Fix was implemented in this GitHub Commit:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/0498d80d3dc72092281d3093353c342caf2d990f

Problem is still present. It’s especially prevalent when saving with more than one window open. For example, saving a blueprint from the blueprint editor rather than closing the BP editor window and saving from the main window.

Whammy, you have to mention that you are running Edtor in Linux…so it might be related to that codebase. :slight_smile:

I seem to recall someone from Core talking about that on a thread, so underlying reason is not platform-specific. The repro still might be though ;/