Download

Samples won't Compile - Windows 10 & VS 2013 Update 5

Hey All,

I am attempting to just start the advanced vehicles sample and it just won’t run. I choose C++, Vehicle Advanced. It gets to the compiling C++ Code and then fails with the below error:

Running C:/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/4.13/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject Development Win64 -project=“C:/projects/UE4learning/MyProject/MyProject.uproject” -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles -NoHotReloadFromIDE
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for MyProjectEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “C:\projects\UE4learning\MyProject\MyProject.uproject” “C:\projects\UE4learning\MyProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\MyProjectEditor\Development\MyProjectEditor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for MyProjectEditor in 3.349399 seconds
@progress pop
Performing 11 actions (9 in parallel)
[2/11] Resource PCLaunch.rc
[3/11] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
PCH.MyProject.h.cpp
MyProjectWheelRear.cpp
MyProjectGameMode.cpp
MyProjectHud.cpp
MyProjectPawn.cpp
MyProject.generated.cpp
MyProjectWheelFront.cpp
MyProject.cpp
[11/11] Link UE4Editor-MyProject.dll
Creating library C:\projects\UE4learning\MyProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-MyProject.lib and object C:\projects\UE4learning\MyProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-MyProject.exp
MyProject.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “__declspec(dllimport) public: static class TBaseDelegate<class FFixedUObjectArray *> & __cdecl FCoreDelegates::GetObjectArrayForDebugVisualizersDelegate(void)” (_imp?GetObjectArrayForDebugVisualizersDelegate@FCoreDelegates@@SAAEAV?$TBaseDelegate@PEAVFFixedUObjectArray@*****$V@@XZ) referenced in function “void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for ‘GObjectArrayForDebugVisualizers’’(void)” (??__EGObjectArrayForDebugVisualizers@@YAXXZ)
MyProjectGameMode.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual bool __cdecl AGameMode::SetPause(class APlayerController *,class TBaseDelegate<bool>)” (?SetPause@AGameMode@@UEAA_NPEAVAPlayerController@@V?$TBaseDelegate@_N$$$V@@@Z)
MyProject.generated.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual bool __cdecl AGameMode::SetPause(class APlayerController *,class TBaseDelegate<bool>)” (?SetPause@AGameMode@@UEAA_NPEAVAPlayerController@@V?$TBaseDelegate@_N$$$V@@@Z)
C:\projects\UE4learning\MyProject\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MyProject.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\projects\UE4learning\MyProject\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MyProject.dll
Total build time: 50.54 seconds

I can kick off the Blue Prints version just fine though. I am unfortunately bound to the C++ compiler in Visual Studio 2013. If the fix is to update to Visual Studio 2015, is it possible to install both compilers side by side and point Unreal to the 2015 one and keep the 2013 one as the default?

Thanks for any input!

I’m not sure, but I think that for use UE4.13 you must to install VS15. You can install on one computer 13 and VS15 at the same time. But you must to use VS15.

I’m not sure, but I think that for UE4.13 you have to install VS15. You can install on one computer 13 and VS15 at the same time. But you have to use VS15.

Ok, so the question then becomes, how do I keep VS 2013 with C++ compilers to support my legacy applications based on Cuda and then add support with VS 2015 for UE4? UE4 is the more supported product in this scenario unfortunately with a for profit organization backing it. I’m sorta in a pickle here I need VS 2013 to support Keras w/ Theano backend on Windows 10, but need UE4 w/C++ to do my physics simulations in. I do not want ot split workloads across multiple boxes.

So I got this working. I installed VS 2015, and put the path to the C++ Compiler in my path and linked it to Theano + Keras. So Theano + Keras are using VS 2013 and UE4 is using VS 2015. Problem solved :smiley:

Happy for you! Good luck:)