RunUAT: Asking for advice

Hi everyone,

I’m running the following shell commands in sequence to build our game server and client:

1. A batch file that clears the Saved, Intermediate and Binaries folder, then regenerates the Visual Studio solution for the .uproject.

2. Building the client:

"C:/UnrealEngine/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/RunUAT" BuildCookRun -project="%CD%/MyGame/MyGame.uproject" -noP4 -platform=Development -clientconfig=Development -build -cook -stage -pak

1. Building the server:

"C:/UnrealEngine//Engine/Build/BatchFiles/RunUAT" BuildCookRun -project="%CD%/MyGame/MyGame.uproject" -noP4 -server -noclient -platform=Development -serverplatform=Development -serverconfig=Development -build -cook -stage -pak

I was wondering if anyone with experience with automation has any suggestions to speed up the build process. Can assets be cooked once then afterwards be reused in a new RunUAT call?

The server and client include/exclude different sections of code with #if UE_SERVER #endif, does that require a full rebuild of source or can compiled intermediate results be reused? I believe right now the server rebuilds the source fully, even classes that don’t have differentiated code for server and client. Any suggestions are much appreciated, thank you!