Download

Runtime screenshots with custom name/res/UI ?

Hi,

I can’t find a possibility to take a screenshot ingame while both specifying the resolution and displaying the UI.

A brief summary of what i found in all my googling:

What’s more puzzling (only tried in PIE, not in a packaged game), it looks like FHighResScreenshotConfig partially affects the others, but not completely.
For example:

// generate the correct file path with an incorrect resolution (not 400x200), and the UI isn't there (of course)
GetHighResScreenshotConfig().SetFilename(MyFilePath);
GetHighResScreenshotConfig().SetResolution(400, 200);
ConsoleCommand("HighResShot");
//ConsoleCommand("HighResShot 400x200"); // corect name MyFilePath and correct res, but no UI

---------------------------------------

// when specifying nothing, the 3 options are well used but the resolution is the native one
FScreenshotRequest ThisScreenShotRequest;
ThisScreenShotRequest.RequestScreenshot(SomeOtherFilePath, true, true);

---------------------------------------

// generates a file named MyFilePath, with the requested resolution (400x200), but no UI:
// when specifying GetHighResScreenshotConfig, none of the FScreenshotRequest options is taken into account
GetHighResScreenshotConfig().SetFilename(MyFilePath);
GetHighResScreenshotConfig().SetResolution(400, 200);
FScreenshotRequest ThisScreenShotRequest;
ThisScreenShotRequest.RequestScreenshot(SomeOtherFilePath, true, true);

So it looks that GetHighResScreenshotConfig can affect both HighResShot and GetHighResScreenshotConfig, but incompletely.

Anyone with a bit more experience or knowledge of the engine would know how to create a screenshot with the following features ?

• a custom path
  • a custom resolution
  • the UI displayed

Thanks
Cedric

Cedric, have you solved this problem? I’m facing the same thing and so far had not able to find any working solution yet.