I hope this review is helping everyone thinking about using Substance Source inside of UE4.
I found six major issues when working with the Substance Source Plugin.
- Problems loading the Plugin
- Missing Scaling Node
- Missing Seamless Procedural Blending Features
- Missing Displacement Nodes
- Missing Option to download all purchased Materials as a Library
- Missing Preset Options - not integrated either
Overall I love the idea using Substance Source. When using the service and paying the big bucks for a solid Material Library I am expecting to have the most important features up and running. Unfortunately, at this moment the User Experience is not really good, because of the six problems I called out and listed above.
Anyways… I hope it kinda gives everyone a better overview.