Retarget spine twisted problem

I retargeted my character and for some reason one of the spine bones gets twisted. Any thoughts?

Im using 3DS Max, system.

I’m not sure about Max, but if this were a Maya issue I’d make sure the initial rotations were reset to zero and delete the “history” of the rotations. As a workaround, you can reset this rotation of that particular spine by following the instructions on how to retarget the base pose at the bottom of the following documentation page:

Its odd because I even tried to create a new skeleton and still I’m having the same issue with that spine bone.

Have you tried adjusting the base pose following the instructions I linked? Just curious if that would work as a fix. I do not know off hand what would be causing an issue with that one spine bone.

I tried rotating the spine 180 degrees and saving the base pose, so that when the animations played it might correct the twist, but that didn’t seem to work either.

Well I re-built the base skeleton in Max 2015 with service pack 2 and it seems to be working fine now. Maybe it was a 2014 issue, either with the program or the FBX plugin…