Remote Multiplayer Won't Work In Editor

I am running in to an issue where multiplayer works locally for me, but I would like to be able to have my friend connect via the editor and also play. I cannot seem to get this to work, I have port forwarded UDP 7777 and have 7777 open on my firewall, we also have the exact same editor(he syncs with my github project) and if I package the game, and send that to him, multiplayer works just fine; however, that process can take 30min-an hour to package, compress, upload, and have him download it. It would be great if I could get mutiplayer working in the UE4 editor.

From my experience PIE doesn’t really support session hosting/connecting. Don’t know if they fixed this though.

Correct, connecting through PIE is currently not supported, unfortunately.

You may still be able to optimize your workflow somewhat, however. Try having both you and your friend run the editor executable with the -game switch. This is closer to the behavior of a packaged game (though it uses uncooked content), and should allow you play multiplayer. Just be aware that if you and your friend connect with different code or content, unexpected results may occur!

Awesome thanks! This is still much better than having to package and send the game every time we want to test!