I’d like to announce the imminent release of trueSKY Alpha.
trueSKY is perhaps the leading sky and weather middleware, to be seen in triple-A games from Ubisoft, Bohemia Interactive and many more.
trueSKY Alpha is the indie version - it comes as a royalty-free yearly subscription, and is available to any individual developer, or companies of four people or fewer, for any project with a budget under $100k. The yearly subscription price is £150 per seat, reduced to £75 per seat if you buy before the official release date of 3rd September 2014.
As it’s a plugin, it won’t be available on Marketplace for a while yet, until then you can find it at our website.
Some coding is required! You’ll find instructions here on what you’ll need to do.
- Day-night cycle based on latitude, longitude, time-of-year
- Fully real-time, everything is dynamic
- High performance rendering
- Dynamic volumetric atmospherics and fog
- Fully volumetric clouds – no sprites, impostors or billboards
- Moving cloud shadows on the ground
- Clouds you can fly through
- Real time weather changes – create keyframed weather sequences
- Rain and snow – define movable precipitation areas.
- Full integration: drive Unreal Engine’s lighting from trueSKY; drive trueSKY’s properties from Unreal.
The first official release is 3rd September 2014; until then, licences are half-price and we welcome any feedback and bug reports. If you have any questions, I’m happy to field them here, or via email at [EMAIL=“email@example.com”]firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simul Software Ltd