RC future prices and licenses ?

Hi folks,

Do you know if the promo license will exist for a long time? We bought a license for 3 months for our business, but we can not stake everything in RC if overnight the promo license stops and we have to pay €15,000. What is the business plan of Capturing Reality s.r.o. company ? This is still a beta version, that was first for free and after for €99. The risk is that if many users start using RC, the promo license can disappear. Other companies like Agisoft, Pix4D, Bentley, are clear with their softwares and their prices. If we have to choose between differents softwares, we will not take the risk of investing on license for a period of only 3 months … We will not be held hostage in six months, maybe with a unique price at €15,000…

Thank you in advance for your opinions and comments of Capturing Reality s.r.o. company.

Regards.

Hi,

I’m the only one that have this sort of question ?

Could someone of RC staff can post a reply about it ? After all my tests, I have to choose between RC, Pix4D or ContextCapture (my short list of competitors).

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hi

RE RC PRICES AND LICENSES

I am in exactly the same boat.

I am an individual surveyor and although RC has many advantages it is not worth £ 15,000 Euro for me.

Whilst I don’t need to exceed the 2500 limit and although the current offer of £99 Euro is great value there is no way that I will commit to a workflow based on using RC without being able to purchase a perpetual license.

I am not expecting anything for free and pricing which is comparable with the Photoscan pro license would make sense for me.

Kind regards

Robert Ward Booth

Robert Ward-Booth
Bsc(Hons), MRICS DipBldCon, IHBC
27 Bells Hill
Bishops Stortford
Herts
CM23 2NN

Tel – 01279 657458
Fax – 01279 654609
Mobile – 07850 997026
E-mail – mail@robertwardbooth.co.uk
Website - www.robertwardbooth.co.uk

Hello,
our current Promo version is a temporary offer which may be changed to a similar one, which will always take into account smaller businesses. As for the RealityCapture CLI and RealityCapture versions, there is no plan to change these.

That’s the big problem, how many time Promo version will continue and what’s the future price of the equivalent license ? I am agree with you Robert, a price between €4.000 and €6.000 would make sense for us for this sort of version (2.500img/noCLI).

Don’t forget that it’s still a beta version, without full documentation and support.

Kind regards.

yoz wrote:

That’s the big problem, how many time Promo version will continue and what’s the future price of the equivalent license ? I am agree with you Robert, a price between €4.000 and €6.000 would make sense for us for this sort of version (2.500img/noCLI).

Don’t forget that it’s still a beta version, without full documentation and support.

Kind regards.

There is support and most of the documentation (Help section) is ready to be released soon. Unfortunately, I do not have more information at my disposal right now.