Rc capture shuts down computer suddenly

What happens is that when starting reconstruction(after successfull alignment) computer shuts down immediately.

I render many animations on the GPU and use it extensively in my work, so I don’t suspect it’s my computers fault. Also, the shutdown happens immediately after running the operation, so I don’t suspect overheat…

so far I wasn’t able to gather any more info, since I don’t know where to look for any log files regarding this…

The computation should be very easy for RC, since it is only a 20-camera rig, the scans are a single shot always.

I currently don’t have an active license, but I tried to use the demo on a second machine I bought for the computations, since I want to buy license as soon as I’ve got things working in my rig.

the machine is a 6core Xeon + nvidia 980 Ti.

first thing i would think to check is Power supply…

If its the very start, it probably putting load on gpu. so it might be worth checking gpu drivers as well.

Check the reliability graph of your operating system.

It should show you what program is doing it and the exact error.

thanks for your replies guys.

Chris, you were right, it was a power supply issue - i have a PSU with capacity of 825W, which should be more than enought for the machine which basically has only 1processor, 2 hdds and the 250w gpu. The problem was probably that I converted 2 6-pin connectors to 8pins, now I left one and switched the other one 8pin which draws the power from 2 sata power connectors. Probably, the GPU has some meters on the 6-pin connectors, so even if there’s no danger of overloading it, it switches off. The PSU has a connector for second CPU, it’s a dell workstation, so probably that was done to reserve power for this secondary CPU…