's Vertex Snap Editor Plugin, Download for You!

do you have any videos of this in action?

I have a lot of videos in my Github pull request thread:

Please note the pull request version has many additional features I have not yet added to the plugin version, but this will give you a great sense of how my vertex snapping system works!

**Videos Of Editor Pull Request Version**

Here's some of the videos!

**Intro**
https://youtube.com/watch?v=fW23S0DlF3g

**Vertex Display Resizing based on density and size of mesh**
https://youtube.com/watch?v=9VaMriBqSws

**Area Vertex Display, for meshes with large vertex count**
https://youtube.com/watch?v=CZMy4VPuAnk

**BSP Vertex Snapping**
https://youtube.com/watch?v=1tyWxYrn8Pc

:)

Vertex Snapping Feature is its own Plugin Now!

Dear Community,

As of 4.9.0, my Vertex Snap Editor Plugin is now a separate plugin, called VictoryEdEngine!

Download Link (145kb)

This is a plugin that does not package with your game as it is only designed to modify Unreal Engine 4 to add support for vertex snapping while in the Level Editor Viewport.

More Details about my Vertex Snapping Editor Feature

Installation Steps

Enjoy!

Heya,

Loving the plug-in! It’s very similar to an editor feature I requested on another project.

A couple of requests (if you can).

• Hotkey to Hide/Unhide the Victory Hotkey Editor info in the perspective view. (once you know them, you don’t need the info anymore).
  • When the selected object is either un-selected or deleted
    – (on un-selected) The vertex and manipulator remain being drawn, but the object is clearly no-longer selected.
    – (on object delete) The draw vertex point overlay snaps to origin, rather than disappearing.

Kindly,

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Welcome to the forums cjames!

:slight_smile:

Can you explain this request further, maybe with a picture or 2?

Area Vertex Display,where can I turn it on?

I have a ref mesh with 100K vertexs. It’s does not display vertex on it?

4.10 Upgrade Completed!

Dear Community,

I’ve completed the upgrade of my Vertex Snap Editor to 4.10!

Download Link

**Instanced Static Mesh Editor**

My vertex snap editor also now includes my [Instanced Static Mesh Editor](https://wiki.unrealengine.com/%27s_Vertex_Snap_Editor_Plugin#Instanced_Static_Mesh_Editor) system for easily making instanced static meshes in the level editor!

:)

[QUOTE=alonezhby;389830]
Area Vertex Display,where can I turn it on?

I have a ref mesh with 100K vertexs. It's does not display vertex on it?
[/QUOTE]

This is a feature in my engine integration, which I need to resubmit to Epic at some point soon. They cancelled the pull request due to internal changes to how vertex data is gathered that occurred in 4.8-4.9

Hi ,

I’ve installed the latest version into 4.10, and tried to migrate my 4.9.2 project over. However, all my JoyISM actors disappear during the changeover - any ideas why this is happening?

After migrating to 4.10 I got compilation error while tryign to open editor. I can disable plugin of course and work on project, yet plugin does not work for me @4.10.
(Yes i downloaded the newest version of plugin)
(Yes I did all steps & it was in right order)

Any help 'd be great. This plugin is necessary in my life after tried it :wink:

I had to remove the custom class I was using in the pre-4.10 versions in order to support the use of my Instanced Static Mesh Editor in packaged games.

Now you can make your own ISM class, or use the one from my Victory BP Library, which is VictoryISM.

You set this in the editor settings.

Here’s a video on how to do this.

If you really need to bring over your previous actors, you should change the 4.9 ISM actors over to VictoryISM or your own custom class, by using UE4’s convert actor feature.

“I got compilation error while tryign to open editor”

You have a C++ project? If so make sure to do a full re-build of your project, (not regular VS build, rebuild), or you can delete your intermediate, .sln, .suo, .sdf, and right click on your .uproject and regenerate your VS files and then compile.

Reason: There’s a bug with plugins right now where unless you include intermediate, plugin wont compile often, and this stinks cause intermediate files are not supposed to be required and they are usually around 1 gb in size, so I can’t upload them.

i also got an error launching the editor and it says the plugin is not compatible with the current engine version.
victory_edengine.png
so i went back to the download page and found that the current version is uploaded on Oct 25 2015

is this correct? because from your earlier post, it seems like you’ve updated the plugin on Nov 12.
(P.S. thank you so much for all the works you shared with us. You are AWESOME!!)

Victory Ed Engine 4.10

Dear Community,

I’ve now uploaded the 4.10 version of my Victory Ed Engine!

Sorry for the delay, I thought I had already done this :slight_smile:

Victory Ed Engine 4.10

One of my static meshes is not being recognized as having vertexes. Do you have any idea why this might be?

Victory Ed Engine on 4.11

Dear Community,

I"ve now updated my Vertex Snap Editor to 4.11.

The delay is because the Instance Static Mesh editor portion of the editor was unable to operate after changes made to Instanced Static Mesh Component in 4.11.

I’ve decided to simply disable the ISM feature for now.

You can now use the vertex snapping functionality of my Victory Ed Engine plugin in 4.11!

Enjoy!

:heart:

Hey , The ISM stuff is great! I’m using 4.10.2 and unfortunately it does not seem to be working. I uncommented your code that disabled ISM. I assume the reason you disabled it was because something wasn’t working. What I’m seeing is that when I convert a bunch of Static Mesh Actors to an ISM and I save the map, the transform array gets emptied, so all of the instances disappear when I reload the map or cook it. Have you seen this before? BTW, I’m quite familiar with C++ and very willing to debug this on my own, but I figured you may have run into this as well so I’d check with you first.

After looking at the UE4 source code pertaining to instanced static meshes, seems like they are never meant to be saved to disk but only used dynamically. Hence the Transform array being labeled Transient. Does anyone know if this line of thinking is correct?

UPDATE: Seems I was only partially right. When you add instances through editing the actual blueprint for the class that contains the InstancedStaticMeshComponent, they are serialized and saved. However, when you edit the component on an instance in a level and add a static mesh instance to the array, a copy of the template object is made after adding the new element to the array, replacing the instance you just edited and essentially discarding the changed you just made to said instance. I’m not sure why this behavior is the way it is or if there is a way around it. Going to keep digging.

Sorry about my late replies, but it is nice to hear from you @alk3ovation !

Victory ISM Editor 4.13

Dear Community,

By popular request I’ve finally restored the Victory ISM Editor functionality in my vertex snap plugin!

I provide you here with an entire project that you can use to understand the setup:

Media Fire ~ Entire functional UE4 Project for 4.13
https://www.mediafire.com/?21nsv6zrlxdp35f

Overview Of Victory ISM Editor With Videos

The 4.13 Implementation
Basically my Victory ISM editor has to use a C++ based instanced static mesh actor in order to work correctly, as BP-added ISM components dont survive serialization for some reason, but my C++ class does, which is called VictoryISM.

The VictoryISM class is set in project settings -> Victory Ed Engine :slight_smile:

You also have to set in your DefaultEngine.ini that you want to use VictoryEdEngine your extended UnrealEdEngine class

Controls
Select a bunch of static mesh actors, and press I in order to merge them, press SHIFT + I to separate them again for editing.

Undo/Redo
My merging process works with undo/redo feature of UE4 :slight_smile:

:heart:

Are you color blind Mr. ? All of your media is so colourful :smiley: