Available, Counseling, Steam/Multiplayer Code, UI, C++ Game Mechanics

hey sent you a message could please look at it!!!

A man in demand. Message from me too whenever you get the chance to get to it :slight_smile:

Hey , sent you a PM :slight_smile:

, a pm is waiting for you from me! :slight_smile:

, I see you’ve already added the ability to load 2D textures from a file via blueprint. How much would you charge to adapt that plugin to present that newly read texture info as an array of vector4s? Or perhaps make a more generic texture to vector4 array conversion node? With the accompanying vector4 array to texture node of course? I personally think this would be a very handy thing for people trying to do procedural content generation. Please PM me with a quote. Cheers,

J^2

Check your inbox, we sent you a PM. Thanks :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say WOW! just improved the performance of my game like crazy. My game was at like 45-60 fps at about 16-20ms now I saw my game peak at 160fps and the ms was down to 5ms. This was all in one hour by the way.

I suggest anyone who doesn’t know about profiling, ask for this service.

Thanks again I know we have been working together off and on for almost a year but never actually spoke. Great talking to you today, look forward to working with you again.

Isaac

Great to hear from you all!

You’re welcome Isaac!

I was exceedingly pleased myself to see that profiling graph go from looking like Mt Everest with some slightly smaller mountains to going flat line to the point that we could not figure out which line was representing performance hits!

I helped Isaac reduce his game thread performance hit by a factor of 10 within about 20 minutes of seeing his project for the first time!

:slight_smile:

Hello ! I just wanted to let you know that I sent you a PM.

Hey !
I sent you a reply to you in your PM several days ago specifying the things you wondered about what services was needed.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I have replied to you now :slight_smile:

Hi ,

Thank you for taking the time to go through the Steam integration process. I got a better understanding of how everything works and I can send updates to the game now.

Isaac

Send you a PM :slight_smile:

Hi ,

Thanks massively for the excellent socket listener/sender plugin you wrote for me - especially too for keeping it fresh and ticking along in version 4.8.

To anyone considering employing a UE4 C++ expert to produce some extra doodad to get UE doing what you need it to, i’d definitely suggest giving a buzz first. From start to end he’s been professional with an ongoing series of status updates for me, and it was quite clear to me that he really enjoys the challenge of building new stuff for people. In my case he wrote a TCP sender and receiver so I could control UE through a python script and i’ve been using it every day since.

Hats off once more , and speak soon!

Featured Testimonial, Proulx, Author of Quicken

Dear Community,

's what Proulx had to say after having many UE4 sessions with me!

“When I was starting my first project on UE4 it was a bit overwhelming. The lack of documentation was frustrating. I learned, as most newbies do, by googling and reading the forums. But I noticed that most questions posted were answered by . I started doing sessions with to have him help get me down the learning curve and was amazed at how well he knew the UE4 engine. It seemed like he knew as much as an engineer at Epic–maybe more. In addition to his knowledge of UE4, he was also a great teacher so that the more time we spent together the more competent I became at being able to do things myself. is one of those rare engineers with a deep knowledge of his subject and also a wonderful ability to explain and teach. If you’re looking for help on any UE4 project you won’t find anyone better.”

– Proulx, co-founder of Intuit, author of Quicken

Sent you a pm.

Hello,

I’ve sent you a PM. Can you please respond?

Message sent.

I like most genres, except horror.

I like games that make people happy!

I prefer high-speed fast action games that require a lot of AI and 3D geometric anaylsis :slight_smile:

Yes I am still part of Galaxy Heist and Solus.

You and anyone can PM me for my rate information :slight_smile:

I hope you have fun today!

:slight_smile:

How to Create Custom AI Pathing Using UE4 Nav Modifier Volumes and Query Filters, in BP!

=xwdVQQtQa8s

Dear Community,

I’ve created a video and a sample BP-Only project (+ my Victory Plugin) that shows you how to use Nav Modifier Volumes and Navigation Query Filters to create custom pathing for your units!

**Use Case: Electric Currents and 2 Types of Characters**

In my example, I have two types of units.

The blue unit is immune to electricity, and does not need to path around electric currents.

The red unit bids us all a fond farewell if it passes thruogh an electric current.

So in this case I can't just block of areas that have electric currents completely from the nav mesh, or else the blue unit cannot pass through freely as it should be able to, taking a shortcut as a result.

**This is a case where Nav Modifiers and Query Filters really shine!**

I only want to **filter out** certain sections of the nav mesh for the red unit, while still allowing the blue unit to pass through those areas freely.

Custom BP Node

In order to actually be able to use query filters and nav modifiers in a BP only project effectively, I made a custom BP node, AI Move To With Filter.

This node allows me to tell the unit to move to a certain location, while using a query filter, only in Blueprints!

**Changes Nav Behavior Filters  ~ Per Move ~  If You Want To!**

Using my Victory BP Library node, you can actually have a unit changes its navigation filter per move if you want to!

This enables you to have the AI respond to dynamic level conditions (like if the electricity in my example gets turned off), or if you just want the AI to confuse the player by randomly switching its pathing preferences!

Project Download Link

I’m giving you the entire project as shown in the video above, so you can poke around in hands-on fashion!

Media Fire (27 MB)
http://.mediafire.com/download/8r822jkq2gcbc4l/NavModifier.zip

**Victory Plugin, 100+ Custom BP Nodes For You!**

If you're not familiar with all the complimentary custom nodes I am offering to you such as drawing vertices of static and skeletal meshes, tons of extra math and geometry analysis nodes, and randomization features, check out my Victory BP Library Plugin!

**Victory BP Library ~ Extra BP Nodes For you!**
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3851-(39)--s-Extra-Blueprint-Nodes-for-You-as-a-Plugin-No-C-Required!

Enjoy!

https://.mediafire.com/convkey/a416/xh2a0w6qocsc9xb6g.jpg