Available, Counseling, Steam/Multiplayer Code, UI, C++ Game Mechanics

Hey sent you a PM…

I must sing the praises of ! He’s a bad ***, he’s super knowledgeable and very easy to get along with. I was slightly nervous about meeting some programming guru over skype but it was seriously like I was just kicking it with a friend who was renovating the **** out of my scripts. For his pricing it’s a steal… don’t pass this up! (But maybe don’t book him solid for months so I can get another session or two pretty soon).

Hee hee!

It was a lot of fun helping you out! zlspradlin is a great fellow!

:heart:

@

PM sent :slight_smile:

AI Navigation Data Analysis

I have found my way through the low level UE4 AI Navigation code so that I can retrieve all the individual nav mesh pieces at runtime, and figure out which one the character is in, and which one its goal is in!

I can use this analysis of all of the nav mesh pieces to handle dynamic calculation of paths that involve jumping or falling, ie, paths that regular AI navigation cannot complete.

In this video I demonstrate that I have all the data in my code, retrieved at runtime, and can now analyze it to find additional paths that involve true 3D / Z values!

Enjoy!

=JzShLW67G00

Hi all! So just wanted to add another recommendation for and the services he provides. Truly fantastic stuff. , I know you are a busy dude, but you helped me get on track with a pathing solution in like 3 days from request to delivery. Amazing, thank you again.

While I’m not really ready to show video of our project, 's a couple tiny screenshots of a test project with the follower code.

You’re welcome!

And it was your request that got me to really research how to do low level C++ modification to UE4’s pathing system, and that got me rolling with all sorts of new things, see my next post!

I am happy you are enjoying the code project I gave you!

:heart:

AI Jumping Victory

's Victory Jumping AI

When I saw my AI do this I was so happy!

All this is dynamically calculated by me via C++!

I do not have any nav links or other custom structures helping the AI!

All of what you are seeing is my C++ AI code at work!

I am calculating the correct jump angles and also intercepting the nav system whenever the AI would normally stop because there is no complete path to the goal location, and look at these test results!!!
://.youtube.com/=0GX-1x-wACI

**So Excited**

I was so excited about these test results that I made a gif out of it!

http://share.gifyoutube.com/ZGQn5M.gif

Pretty cool as always . Keep up the good work! =)

has been absolutely instrumental in getting my game off and running. Because of him I’ve saved countless hours reading forums and watching tuts, I just get things now. I had no experience with anything when I started 4 months ago and now I’m doing things in Blueprints that I can’t even believe. is definitely worth hiring!!

Please , keep up the amazing work !!! Loving what I see .

Hi ,

I was scrolling along the threads when I noticed i had an option to have someone teach me, and decided to make an account on the forums.
is there any chance you’re available?

Thanks,
Hallow

You’re welcome Maelgrim!

I have been amazed as well at what Maelgrim has achieved by himself after many telephone BP training sessions with me!

He is surprising me nowadays!

:slight_smile:

Hee hee thanks !

Great to hear from you!

See my next post below!!! New Video of AI Jumping!

Congrats on your first post!

I sent you a PM ! Check the top right corner when you login to the forums!

AI Jumping Advanced, Edge Detection

AI Jumping Advanced ~ Edge Detection

In this video I am using Nav Mesh ray tracing to find the edge nav polys that are near the current chosen goal!

**Nav Mesh Ray Tracing**

Nav Mesh ray tracing is very efficient! It is much less expensive than 3D world tracing :)

It's the same concept as regular traces but only operates within the nav mesh polys.

AI Performance

Notice how in my video my AI reaches me everywhere I go, including sequential isolated platforms!

**No Extra Helpers in Level**

The only thing in this level is the basic nav mesh volume! 

I have not provided any assistance to the AI in the level itself!

Everything you see in video is me doing C++ calculations to find the best jumping paths :)

Video

=VgAbYMcDjms

Enjoy!

Just a quick update video, showing how I am gathering all nav mesh areas that are non-contiguous / not directly pathable to from the goal location.

I am using this test to determine which nav areas are valid to be pathed to via jumping!

Again the whole focus is nav areas which are non contiguous / jumping is required.

I am now going to use this data to develop a jump-pathing system, an additional layer of pathing on top of UE4 pathing.

Enjoy!

=2RWiD_epPiI

**New Video!

Branching Jump Paths Search**

Hi there!

In this video I am demoing the progress of my Jump Path algorithm where I am finding jump pathways for the AI unit to follow, which necessarily involve switching between different sections of nav mesh that are not contiguous.

**Comparison**

Regular AI pathing requires navlinks to do this, but I am writing my own system so I can have runtime generated geometry that the AI unit can still do jump pathing over, and there is no extra work for the level designers, I am doing it all in C++!

Efficiency?

In this video you see the radial line checks I am doing.

These are not traces!

This is very low level simple math calculations!

The line is being checked against a box using UE4’s related math functions, and it is very efficient!

**Tick Speed**

I am slowing down the algorithm in the video so you can see it better, and also so I can debug it as I am making it, visually seeing each phase of what it is doing.

Algorithm Overview

1. First I am getting all of the Edge nav areas, as seen in prior videos, then I am doing radial traces from each edge to find nearby nav areas that are facing away from the start point of where I am testing.

These found nav areas are highlighted in green!

Again no traces or even nav mesh raycasts are involved, just simple box/line math calculations!

**Next step:**

Next step will be to make this check run itself over each successive step in the path, find the best points for the AI unit to path to and then jump from to get to the next point

Enjoy!

=WMnGyMSfbIk

Dearest ,

I have sent a lovely message to your inbox.

MrNexy

<3

Hee hee, oooh, I like your way of communicating!

Hee hee!

Hi ,

I sent a message (PM) to your inbox.

Thanks