Available, Counseling, Steam/Multiplayer Code, UI, C++ Game Mechanics

Hee hee!

Glad you like!

:heart:

It was worth it!

Hello UE4 Community,

I just wanted to share some of the work provided in a game i’m working on. I was looking to have a robust flying ai system, and was able to do it with no problem. He did some c++ code stuff and exposed all the variables I needed for customization and packed it into an assortment of blueprint nodes. is a video of the AI in action. I recommend using his service if there is an aspect of your game beyond your understanding.

=JcSWgscmIyY

is a link to another vid, http://youtu.be/Ti_OY_pqUm8?list=UUiBgWwvSHD7absVsJjf6Ywg

Isaac

Some of my work
DRONE Zero Gravity Steam Page http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286820971
Website http://.isaacnicholsart.com/#!games/c84

Same question, counceling is paid? and you have skype?

You are the master of UE4!!! I may need some counseling with you later about how to achieve my plans and ideas for my secret game project!

Thanks for the nice words Isaac!

I had fun making that flying AI !

I worked really hard to get it just right so that they maintain a distance from the player in a very fluid manner :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Yes I do have skype and yes counseling is a service I am offering that is paid. I actually really enjoy doing the counseling, and I am happy to do it by phone :slight_smile:

I am happy to help any time!

I am learning / making new things in UE4 all the time!

's Multi-Threaded Dynamic Pathing System

I am designing a custom AI with my own custom pathing system, as requested by a client!

's a video of my progress with my very own pathing system!

=mMKQvAf9KSQ

What you see in video is that I am dynamically generating as-large-as-possible nodes to represent open spaces of no collision in the world.

My dynamic pathing system generates whatever shapes are requred to contain collision-blocking objects, including physics simulating meshes!

In the video I keep dropping physics simulating meshes into the world and you can see my dynamic pathing system adapts!

The AI I am designing will use these nodes to navigate through the world, avoiding objects with collision, to get to their chosen destinations!

The larger the node is the better! This means the AI has choice as to how it wishes to path through those larger nodes.

Having that much space allows the AI to customize its movement patterns so that each type of creature feels unique, and knows where it can roam free and where it has to fit through tight spaces.

**Multi-threading**

The entire process that you see in this video is multi-threaded!

I am leveraging our modern technology for my pathing system!

The game thread is free!

The only thing the game thread is doing is drawing the results as it receives them from my dynamic navigation thread, and it wont even be doing that during normal gameplay!

The AI will also be able to be multi threaded, since my core data is USTRUCT, below the UOBJECT level.

You can't multi thread changes to UObject data, so my entire pathing system is a series of USTRUCTS.

Several arrays inside of arrays inside of some more arrays actually :)

The result of staying at the USTRUCT level is that I can easily multi-thread my entire AI system!

This means maximum performance for high speed gameplay with fast and intelligent AI units!

Enjoy the video!

New Video of My Dynamic Pathing System With Physics Support

In this video I am showing how my pathing system recalculates the path pretty much instantly to account for physics objects that I drop into the world!

First I demo basic pathing, including pathing down a bunch of rocks, over a ramp, and around a 3-directional wall block to get the goal!

=Kwq5asGTlDM

New Video: Pathing System In Action with Characters!

=v225ezz3xxI

Again what you are seeing is my very own pathing system which I wrote literally from scratch.

In the video, the characters are utilizing my own Dynamic Pathing structure as seen in earlier videos.

I am simply applying velocity to the Character Movement component, that is the extent of my interaction with UE4’s movement system, all the calculations are using my own C++ code :slight_smile:

Notice how my characters are easily able to find their path even when initially placed on top of objects that block pathing!

**'s Multi Threaded Pathing System With Physics Support, In Action!

it is!

My own pathing system which I wrote from scratch, which has fully physics support and does dynamic recalculations whenever needed by each AI unit!

My system supports 400 units using it simultaneously, maintaining 60fps!

I wrote this whole thing from scratch, the only interaction I have with UE4 movement code is the fact that I am apply velocity to the character movement component (which replicates by the way)!

Everything else is being calculated by my own system!

In video you can see as I dynamically place large physics simulating spheres and all the AI units form new paths around it within moments!

Enjooy!

=YJ15cu9bmnE

Impressive as always . Keep it up. =)

Keep up the good work! PM sent : )

Hee hee thanks!

Congrats on your first post Chrono!!!

Welcome to the forums!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]AI Blows Stuff Up

=gjCDA_FiVxk

Everything you see in the video is completely dynamically calculated by me in the C++!

Nothing is pre-scripted!

I do not even tell the AI units what to target when they are spawned!

Everything you see is my own AI system at work

1. all the pathing is my own pathing system, from scratch

2. I set up an Alignment system so the AI units know who is friendly and which structures to attack

3. The AI is told by me to spread out, and keep track of which structures other friendly units are attacking.

This maximizes their usefulness to each other, as they cover maximum building surface area!

Meaning, if a new AI unit is trying to pick a target, my AI will try to pick a target that no other friendly in the area is attacking yet.

1. Each AI unit is keeping track of all nearby friendly units during runtime, dynamically updating its personal list of friendlies every few moments.

This means each AI unit is aware of all friendlies at all times, as well as all nearby structures

1. When a structure is destroyed, each AI unit tries to find a new target

2. Apex destructibles block the AI pathing, so they try to get around using my dynamic physics pathing system.

3. Each AI unit is consciously deciding how far to position itself away from the target building for ideal melee range.

4. Each AI unit is deciding when it is close enough to the surface area of its target structure and then stops moving and begins attacking.

5. As I said, nothing is pre-arranged, as you saw I ran multiple tests! The AI is spreading and and performing to all my specifications listed above!

6. Yay! Victory!!!

PS: the sparks are created at the precise point in the animation sequence that I specify, using an anim notify.

This anim notify then calls my C++ AI function for doing damage.

So the visual appearance of doing damage is indeed triggering my C++ AI system !

The visual appearance and the C++ are linked together completely!

This is amazing ! Nice work. =) The voices are sort of funny too lol.

Haha yea I like them too!

Those were Epic’s sounds, I hope someone at Epic made all those dwarf grunting noises into a mic :slight_smile:

I added a new section to my original post:

**C++ Code and BP Nodes of Mine Currently In the UE4 Engine**

**3 Nodes From Me For You in 4.4**
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?29723-2-Nodes-From-Me-For-You-in-4-4&p=118736&viewfull=1#post118736

**4 BP Nodes From me For You in 4.3**
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?20207-Four-New-Nodes-in-4-3-Get-Min-Max-of-Int-Float-Array-Gifts-for-You!&highlight=min+max+array

**CPP Functions From Me For You in 4.3**

Two FMath:: functions I wrote for you, enjoy!
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?20212-Two-new-Math-functions-for-you-from-me-in-4-3-Template-Min-Max-of-Array&highlight=min+max+array

AI Battles

This is my latest AI progress video!

Keep in mind I am using my own pathing system written from scratch, as well as my own AI system.

I wrote everything you see in video entirely in C++, but my system can be easily used/extended in BP via Blueprint Implementable Events

Enjoy!

Features:

1. Programmatic setting of team color, that can be completely customized in BP

2. AI pathing around obstacles

3. AI direct pathing to chosen target

4. AI moving around friendly AI units to get to open spot on target

5. AI battles!

6. AI damage to each other

7. AI auto targeting buildings after all defenders…transmuted.

8. A Surprise!

=QOkRnxSxUrM

's Physics Character Pathing System

I overrode and rewrote large portions of Epic’s Character AI Pathing system to work with physics simulating characters!

There’s no native support for this, but using some of my own functions that I’ve been writing for my physics multiplayer game, I was able to do it!

Epic very nicely exposed as virtual all the functions I needed to override, thank you Epic!

is the result!

=osC5GI_t7Ic

:heart:

Awesome Work !!! You are an inspiration for sure…with that said…you have room to tutor a newbie in your schedule??

Sure! Send me a PM :slight_smile:

I am always happy to help people in BP or C++ from the ground up!