I am offering two broad services:
1. Counseling by Phone / Email
2. Contracted Work to do C++ Coding (Creation of Plugins for Blueprints Included)
**Client Testimonials All links are to posts within this thread! ** **Testimonial by Tom Proulx, Author of Quicken** "When I was starting my first project on UE4 it was a bit overwhelming. The lack of documentation was frustrating. I learned, as most newbies do, by googling and reading the forums. But I noticed that most questions posted were answered by Rama. I started doing sessions with Rama to have him help get me down the learning curve and was amazed at how well he knew the UE4 engine. It seemed like he knew as much as an engineer at Epic--maybe more. In addition to his knowledge of UE4, he was also a great teacher so that the more time we spent together the more competent I became at being able to do things myself. Rama is one of those rare engineers with a deep knowledge of his subject and also a wonderful ability to explain and teach. If you're looking for help on any UE4 project you won't find anyone better." --Tom Proulx, co-founder of Intuit, author of Quicken **Dan** https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?17178-LFW-PAID-Rama-Available-Counseling-Steam-Multiplayer-Code-UI-C-Game-Mechanics&p=145408&viewfull=1#post145408 **zlspradlin** https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?17178-LFW-PAID-Rama-Available-Counseling-Steam-Multiplayer-Code-UI-C-Game-Mechanics&p=128900&viewfull=1#post128900 **Isaac (plugin service)** https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?17178-LFW-PAID-Rama-Available-Counseling-Steam-Multiplayer-Code-UI-C-Game-Mechanics&p=104476&viewfull=1#post104476 **TimConwell** https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?17178-LFW-PAID-Rama-Available-Counseling-Steam-Multiplayer-Code-UI-C-Game-Mechanics&p=132230&viewfull=1#post132230 **Maelgrim** https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?17178-LFW-PAID-Rama-Available-Counseling-Steam-Multiplayer-Code-UI-C-Game-Mechanics&p=134254&viewfull=1#post134254 **Isaac (Telephone Session, UE4 Profiling Tool)** https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?17178-LFW-PAID-Rama-Available-Counseling-Steam-Multiplayer-Code-UI-C-Game-Mechanics&p=276720&viewfull=1#post276720 **Dan (custom plugins)** https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?17178-PAID-Rama-Available-Counseling-Steam-Multiplayer-Code-UI-C-Game-Mechanics&p=310792&viewfull=1#post310792
Email / Telephone Counseling
I have room in my schedule for about 7 telephone sessions per week, ranging from 1 to 3 hours in duration.
I record these calls for your future listening!
I can offer you counseling in this range of topics
Learning UE4 Blueprints, we build stuff together on the phone! (I’ve done a lot of this with clients already!)
UE4 C++, learning from the ground up, intermediate, or advanced (I do this all day)
Game Design Concepts integrated with UE4, how to approach your project and build it in the most efficient manner
How to best use the power of UE4 for your project goals
Animation Blueprint Help (I have custom animation blueprint mechanics that do fancy things, in this video I demonstrate a “spine aiming” system allowing any skeletal mesh to look up or down and use the same exact sword animations they would use if they were facing level Video Link)
6. Any other topics you want paid counseling about related to UE4
**Direct C++ Coding Assistance** I am currently working on **[Solus](https://wiki.unrealengine.com/The_Solus_Project)** with **[Hourences](http://www.hourences.com/)** and am available for about **20 hours a week** for additional paid projects. So to be clear, I can't sign on as a full time project member, but I can do paid work for about 20 hours a week in this range of topics: 1. **Binary Save Systems,** creating a custom save system for your game that saves to compressed binary array (I wrote the wiki tutorial on this subject here: **[Save and Load any Data to Compressed Binary File](https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Save_System,_Read_%26_Write_Any_Data_to_Compressed_Binary_Files)**) I have already implemented an instantaneous full save/load feature for Solus! The compressed binary file includes a **snapshot of the player's view** at the time of saving! 2. **C++ Game Mechanic coding**, Any game mechanic you can imagine, I make new game mechanics almost every day in C++. (I recently figured out how to replicate movement of ragdolls / simulating physics meshes **[Video Link](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?17078-Video-Player-Controlled-Replicating-Physics-Movement-Simulating-Physics!&p=92198&viewfull=1#post92198)**) 3. **Multiplayer Programming**, I've had a focus on coding Multiplayer games in Unrealscript/C++ for years now **[Video Link 1: Real Multiplayer Game using my Multiplayer Level Editor coded in UE4 C++](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy7ay_-tFlk)** **[Video Link 2: Very fancy replicated Game Mechanic I did in the UE4 Beta](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7BqwYKU-H0)** **[Video Link 3: Multiplayer Editor](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcnTpXMdmmI)**
- New Blueprint Nodes made in C++ for your project needs, to be used by the Whole Team
I have given almost 100 new BP nodes to the UE4 Community via my Blueprint Nodes plugin! People can use it without compiling any code.
Description and Download of my Blueprint Plugin Library
5. **User Interface Programming (UI),** I have written my own UI system, but I also know Coherent UI from **[personal experience (Video Link)](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?7975-Rama-says-Hi-From-Inside-His-Mech!-Video-!)**. 6. **Animation Blueprint Coding in C++** (**[Video link to fancy animation stuff done with C++](https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Victory_Game_Videos#Per-Bone_Sword_Collision)**) 7. **Steam Integration**, I've already got Steam working for my own projects, as well as for Solus. I have played actual multiplayer games in my own game where people connected just by clicking on the name of their friend in my own custom in-game Steam friends list. **[Thread Link about my In-Game Steam Friends List](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?12837-Introducing-my-Victory-HUD-Elements-System!-Dynamic-HUD-System-With-Animation&p=92223&viewfull=1#post92223)** 8. **Custom Editor To Ship With Your Game,** so that end users can mod your game without owning UE4 (has some limitations, I cant allow you to import new assets because the FBX pipeline is restricted to the Editor, I already asked Epic's legal department about this) 9. **Low level C++ coding**, under the UObject Level for Data Management (**[My whole UI system is written in Pure C++](https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?12837-Introducing-my-Victory-HUD-Elements-System!-Dynamic-HUD-System-With-Animation&p=83240&viewfull=1#post83240)**) 10. **Dynamic Level Generation**, based on tiles or some other randomization method (I've already done a lot with this on my own) 11. **Anything else you can imagine**, I'd be happy to consult with you by PM as to the feasibility of your goals / whether I've already done it (I play with UE4 C++ a lot)
- Plugins of any kind to do anything, for use in Blueprints and not requiring any code compile
My Vertex Snap Plugin is a good example of how I can actually modify the Unreal Engine to suit your project’s needs without having to touch your actual Engine code on your local machine.
**UE4 Engine Programming** I've done a far amount of programming directly in the UE4 Engine code itself, here are some videos! **Slate Window that shows hard drive contents** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x40jXCy8dvk&list=UUBc38LaldK4qi1V-g_DJPyA **Introduction to Vertex Snap Editor Integration**https://youtube.com/watch?v=fW23S0DlF3g **Vertex Snapping Editor Integration, including BSP!** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tyWxYrn8Pc&list=UUBc38LaldK4qi1V-g_DJPyA **Area-based Display of Vertices for High Vertex Count Meshes** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZMy4VPuAnk&list=UUBc38LaldK4qi1V-g_DJPyA **Asymmetric Scaling of Meshes, Displaying Vertices for Such Meshs!**https://youtube.com/watch?v=9VaMriBqSws ~~~ **Accepted GitHub Pull Requests** I've had more than 30 of my Github pull requests accepted directly into the UE4 Engine. What this means is that Epic has accepted my code directly into the Engine for current or near future engine releases to the public. Chances are, if you have an Engine version greater than 4.1, then your version of the UE4 Engine has some of my code in it :) My pull requests have ranged from bug and crash fixes to adding new features to the Engine in C++ as well as Blueprints. ~~~ **C++ Code and BP Nodes of Mine Currently In the UE4 Engine** **3 Nodes From Me For You in 4.4** https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?29723-2-Nodes-From-Me-For-You-in-4-4&p=118736&viewfull=1#post118736 **4 BP Nodes From me For You in 4.3** https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?20207-Four-New-Nodes-in-4-3-Get-Min-Max-of-Int-Float-Array-Gifts-for-You!&highlight=min+max+array **CPP Functions From Me For You in 4.3** Two FMath:: functions I wrote for you, enjoy! https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?20212-Two-new-Math-functions-for-you-from-me-in-4-3-Template-Min-Max-of-Array&highlight=min+max+array ~~~ **My Video Portfolio (87 Videos)** I have 87 videos of my various C++ creations here! **Rama's UE4 C++ Video Channel** https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBc38LaldK4qi1V-g_DJPyA ~~~ **My UE4 C++ Portolio** I wrote about 65% of the UE4 C++ wiki tutorials (**about 70 tutorials**) currently on the [UE4 C++ Wiki](https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Category:Code) **https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Category:Code** ~~~ **Featured Videos Portfolio** Here's some of my favorite featured videos on a wiki page, including a video where I use my entirely in-game **C++ level editor** to make a Rainbow Galaxy in about 8 minutes. I coded this in-game level editor by myself, from scratch, using only UE4 C++ and no external libraries. I am just using Epic's provided code base :) And my in-game C++ Level Editor has **undo/redo** capabilities, as well as saving/Loading levels to/from hard disk as **compressed binary files**! https://youtube.com/watch?v=1vCToatFbHI **Victory Game Videos** https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Victory_Game_Videos ~~~ **Accepted Forms of Payment** 1. Paypal 2. Credit Card 3. Check in the Mail / Money order 4. www.westernunion.com (for non paypal, non check) 5. Bank Transfer ~~~ **I Look Forward To Hearing From You** Have fun today! [FONT=Comic Sans MS]♥ Rama