Download

Properly configurting IOSTapJoy

So we have a c++ project that we are trying to use IOSTapJoy with. The engine and game is being developed on a windows machine but uses the RemoteBuildTool to build and package for iOS. We are up to date w/4.6 and have no issues creating packages.

Now, we are trying to incorporate IOSTapJoy into the project so I went ahead and opened the game and enabled the Plugin. I then closed down the project and opened up the solution file. In the game.Build.cs file I added “IOSTapJoy” to the public dependency module names. Is this step required?

When I try to build it on my windows machine I get the following error:

Cannot open include file: ‘IOSAppDelegate.h’:No such file or directory.

Now, if this is NOT required as part of the build solution then I need to know how to configure it properly. I tried adding the following to my game\config\DefaultEngine.ini file.

[Advertising]
DefaultProviderName=IOSTapJoy

It doesn’t appear to pick that up because when I run it I get the following message in the PIE output log.

LogModuleManager:Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module ‘IOSTapJoy’ because the file ‘…/Engine/Binaries/Win64/’ was not found. This let me to the above public dependency module issue…

What are the proper steps when setting this up on a windows machine c++ project so I can run this in PIE? If I’m not able to do this then what are the proper steps so when I build it using the remote build that it works?

Thanks,

• jeff