Project in 4.24 works fine - same 4.25 project fails to cook - Crash inside the platform compiler!

When i compile my project in 4.24 it works fine. When i delete all temporary folders and upgrade it to 4.25, it fails to cook. However, clean project upgraded from 4.24 to 25 cooks fine.
I am at the end my wits. More info i can provide is this:
Project is BP only, all engine versions are downloaded via Epic Launcher. I use several plugins but those are disabled now and still no luck.
I also tried to get engine from GitHub, compile the engine, compile the project (i had to add empty C++ actor just to enable compiling of the project), still no luck.
I also opened and compiled ‘ShaderCompileWorker’ in VS 2019, got no errors when building.

This are the error messages i am getting:
PackagingResults: Error: Crash inside the platform compiler!
PackagingResults: Error: Expecting ShaderCompileWorker Single Jobs 83, got 0 instead! Forgot to build ShaderCompileWorker?
PackagingResults: Error: ShaderCompileWorker returned 0 single jobs, 2 expected
PackagingResults: Error: Requested read of 4 bytes when 0 bytes remain (file=C:/Users/jh/AppData/Local/Temp/UnrealShaderWorkingDir/7879A2C5473553B6DF44E1A600C0ABA8/1/WorkerOutputOnly.out, size=9870)
PackagingResults: Error: Expecting ShaderCompileWorker Pipeline Jobs 80, got -1 instead! Forgot to build ShaderCompileWorker?
PackagingResults: Error: Requested read of 4 bytes when 0 bytes remain (file=C:/Users/jh/AppData/Local/Temp/UnrealShaderWorkingDir/7879A2C5473553B6DF44E1A600C0ABA8/1/WorkerOutputOnly.out, size=9870)
PackagingResults: Error: Worker returned 2706713968 pipeline jobs, 0 expected

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong?

1 Like