Download

Procedural Landscape from Shader Graph w/ Geometry Clipmaps BP/C++ | Download

Currently creating it as a plugin for 4.26 onward.
Exporting the heightmaps sounds like a trivial task in comparison to what’s already in!

1 Like

This is such beautiful work Maxime, thank you for sharing it with us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Put it into a plugin and got it working on 4.26.
Preparing a marketplace version. The github version remaining of course!

3 Likes

Of course you can also import heightmaps, add noise to them, blend them together… !
Hardest part is to convert the landscape material, i made a pretty basic one that doesn’t look that great.

2 Likes

Added runtime landscape layer support, can help blend materials, spawn assets at specific locations etc…

Latest version available on github as a plugin compatible with 4.26+

Added the ability to access the generated rendertarget from blueprint/cpp, laying some ground work for the ocean/land interaction.

2 Likes

This is a really cool plugin, crazy fast at generating the clip map and the geometry deformation, texture, etc. Awesome work, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

The latest version is available as a plugin 4.26+ compatible, supports spawning of any actor you want.

You can also use landscape layers to define asset spawning and multiple procedural world can share their generated data between each other:
Ocean can access the terrain height from the Land world.

Any actor spawning is pretty cool, you can spawn VFX, NPCs, anything you want really.

I am new to Github and unreal. How do you compile the zip file download? a link to directions would be appreciated as I am sure it is more than one or two line answer :wink: or have you uploaded a compiled version to Marketplace?

1 Like

You need Unreal Engine 4.26 + and the minimum to compile c++ project.

For instance free Visual Studio Community edition:

If you want more programming in Unreal Engine informations you can check it here, but it’s not necessary for this project as you just need to compile the existing code:

For latest version you can download the zip directly from github at this spot:

This looks really cool any chance for spline support. Right now I am building from photogrammetry, and some part have edges and drops.

Example would be a sand bunker has a cut dirt edge of sawd grass, then goes to Sand.

1 Like

Thanks for your interest, lots of possibilities. Just submitted the plugin to marketplace, will see how it goes.
But i can see adding runtime editing, brushes, splines, …

Awesome. The main landscape is great but when you want to get into finer detail it lacks. Even hard edges for materials

1 Like

Hi there, Can’t wait for relase iam just refreshing to check it is live :slight_smile: Plugin will be functional for BP projects and users?

1 Like

Of course, considering adding a ‘brush’ system like landmass before pushing it live.

1 Like