Problems with Rig created via A.R.T in Maya

Hello! I’m fairly new to the world of animation specifically rigging. I’ve been working on a first person rig. I have the skeletal mesh setup, but I am having some problems. The first problem is that parts of my mesh are being deformed in weird ways as well as animations not appearing the way they’re supposed to. Here is how I have the rig setup in Maya:

How does the skeleton look? Should I redo it? What adjustments should I make? Any tips for rigging? Here is what the setup looks like in Unreal:

As you can see some parts look weird. Especially the fingers. Any help? Thanks! :slight_smile:

You need to manually edit the weights on your mesh to have optimal results. The automatic skinning can’t do more than approximate weights. Weighting isn’t UE4 specific so there are loads of tutorials out there.

Hello! I forgot to mention that the animations were retargeted for my skeleton which may be the problem. My own animations seem to look fine and even when I download a new FBX from Mixamo using the “.FBX for Unreal Engine 4” option, import it and retarget it, it still has the weird deformation and appears as if the mesh is trying to take the shape of HeroTPP during animations. I’ll post back if I have any more questions. Thanks! :slight_smile:

This may not resolve all the issues, but if you haven’t already, check out “Retargeting Adjustments” in the following Link: