Problems creating an interaction with motion controllers in VR

this is my first post here so forgive my terrible formatting

I have been following this guide/tutorial Blueprint Creating Interactions in VR with Motion Controllers | 01 | Live Training | Unreal Engine - YouTube about making it so you can pick up objects in VR, more specifically the HTC Vive
However, after adding the required nodes into the event graph, I still could not pick up the object I wanted in the VR preview. I then noticed the following error messages

• Blueprint Runtime Error: accessed None trying to read property K2Node_CustomEvent_Object_to_drop from function : ’ Execute ubergraph_VR_Pawn_’ from node: DetachFromParent (Deprecated) in graph: Eventgraph in object: VR_Pawn with description: Accesed none trying to read property K2Node_CustomEvent_Object_to_drop
  • Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None from function: ‘ExecuteUbergraph_VR_Pawn’ from node: DetachFromParent (Deprecated) in graph: EventGraph in object: VR_Pawn with description: Accessed None
  • Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property K2Node_CustomEvent_Object_to_drop from function: ‘ExecuteUbergraph_VR_Pawn’ from node: Set Simulate Physics in graph: EventGraph in object: VR_Pawn with description: Accessed None trying to read property K2Node_CustomEvent_Object_to_drop
  • Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None from function: ‘ExecuteUbergraph_VR_Pawn’ from node: Set Simulate Physics in graph: EventGraph in object: VR_Pawn with description: Accessed None

Also here are some screenshots of the event graph of the vr pawn and the object in question http://imgur.com/a/dtkZ1

Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

for those that can’t view the imgur link