Problems building Android apk files with 4.8

Hi,
I am unable to produce useable apk files for testing purposes with Unreal Engine 4.8. I attached a screenshot from my smartphone with the error message I get when I try to start the installed application.

I used the developer package settings and disabled the Playstore option. For this reason I do not understand why I need a Google Playstore key. I only want to test the application with my smartphone.

Best regards, Andreas

Hi Maxwell_77,

Can you attach your logcat logs for when you see this error to this thread as a txt file?

Thanks!

Yes, I can do this. :slight_smile: Where can I find these log files?

Use the ‘monitor’ or logcat system that comes with the Android dev kit. Here is their documentation for reading and writing logs, or feel free to google ‘how to use logcat’ and see what instructions are the most useful to you. Don’t forget you need to have the testing device hooked up to your machine to get info about that device, and you have to attempt the app that you’re testing to get any info specific to that app.

Hope this helps!

Hi Maxwell_77,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.