I have dived into character usage within UE4 for the last 3-4 weeks and seem not to understand specific or maybe basic stuff.
For our music project I want to place multiple NPCs in a level. Some shall only sit around, pray etc. Others shall walk around on specific paths.
Now placing them needs tweaking of the animations/poses but it’s hard to do that because I never get to see this within the editor. Also with 2-bone-IK.
Changing all animations depending on the place the NPCs will be placed at looks like not the best option
I’d greatly appreciate feedback and to move ahead with this interactive music video.
An example for a non-moving NPC:
**An angel is sitting on stairs in a more or less diagonal way
(here are some screenshots: Adjust NPC with Variables in editor - Animation - Unreal Engine Forums):
- Feet shall be placed on the appropriate stair surface, butt also.
- Knees should go more more up and feet should follow or vice-versa.
- I’d like to tweak little things like to angle of the back to test how much leaning forward looks best or where exactly the elbows should lye on the legs/knees.
- The wings shall move closer to the NPC when approaching a wall.
- The NPC shall look at the player upon approach.
Tried Blueprint automatics with two-bone-IK for 1 and 2 but I don’t get it as exact as I’d like to. Got it from this tutorial.
Trying to do that via exposed variables and maybe 3D widget (like shown in this tutorial) but I don’t see right now how to change the IK within the animation/s.
To 4 (wings):
Haven’t touch that yet but think that two-bone-IK could be best here dealing with the collisions towards stairs, walls etc.
Think I have found a solution for this - hope it will work together with the rest.