possible to trigger overlapping triggerboxes to an event?

Hi,
i would like to trigger an event (turn on light or animation) when one (movable) triggerbox overlaps another triggerbox. It seems so easy, but i am on the wrong track i guess. Is there anyone who can give me some advise or a BP example?

cheers,

robert

i did it now like this, but i have the feeling it can be better:)
I tested it with the spere rolling of the stairs. Collisonbox B attached to it. And overlaps triggerbox A down the stairs. And a sound spawns.
afb collision overlap 1.png
and the BP
afb collision overlap 2.png

but the problem is that i have to change the collision A like this:
afb collision overlap 1.png

I prefer another way that it is something like this: If triggerboxB overlaps **triggerboxA **then spawn sound. And that in my blueprint :slight_smile:

This is the way to go. However, you don’t Need to cast the sphere to a static mesh actor, since it is already a static mesh actor.
You probably want to have the sphere trigger attached to the sphere mesh. create a new blueprint for this and make sure your TriggerBox generates Overlap Events and also the collision is set to “Overlap” with the SphereTrigger Collision

hey man thanks, so i was close :slight_smile: Thanks for the help. But i get a little confused. I made a BP with a sphere and a collisionsphere. Put this in the level on top of the stairs. The it rolls down, touches the collisionboxA,… and nothing happends :slight_smile:
Somehow i dont understand how i connect the rolling ball to the collisionbox downstairs. I probably miss some handy knowledge in here :rolleyes:
Now i got a mix of what you told me, but i am not sure you ment this, but again, it kind of works :slight_smile:
afb collision overlap 5.png two BP balls, and the topball (number 1) has this:

looks good again, but again i have the feeling i make it more complex than needed!

thanks again! and the cast seems to be for me the only way to connect the two triggers together. If i loose the blue wire it wont compile:confused:. But i am allready very happy it works great now, i used it allready in my project. Thanks for the advise!