Download

Pop Up Error At Launch

So when we go to launch our project this error always pops before we can enter the editor.

1.jpg

We did not initially start with a blank project, we took one over one and gutted it all out and I am pretty sure this error is coming from that. I believe it was either the code or blueprint 3rd person project, we figured it was minor will deal with it later and proceeded on. However now that I had some time to look it over I can not find the reference in our code or to a blueprint that has that “MyCharacter” in it, nor in any of our project or world settings. I know I deleted a bunch of pre-generated stuff after I learned what we needed from it and proceeded on.

So does anywhere know where I can find the pointer or reference of this so I can give it a quick whack whack and be rid of it?

Thanks in advance

Hi OSIAS,

It’s probably a reference from your game mode class. For example, the top down game mode template does:

// set default pawn class to our Blueprinted character
static ConstructorHelpers::FObjectFinder<UClass> PlayerPawnBPClass(TEXT("Class'/Game/Blueprints/MyCharacter.MyCharacter_C'"));

Failing that, I’d check your ini’s in your Config folder, but that seems less likely.

Cheers,
Michael Noland

NVM I missed the code but my other buddy figured it out.