.PLY mesh export NOT saving vertex colour info

Hi all,

First post here, so forgive me if this isn’t the right place to ask.

I have been desperately trying to export my coloured mesh in RC to .PLY format for baking an albedo map in xNormal. Long story short, I have traced the issue back to RC not exporting vertex colour correctly. I always make sure to tick the export vertex colours option, yet xNormal can’t seem to detect any colour at all. Furthermore, the RCINFO file has the following line: exportVertexColors=“0”, which to me indicates that it isn’t exporting any colours, despite me setting the export to do otherwise.

What’s going on here? Is there something I’m missing or is this a bug?

Hello jvattanasio,

I just tried the .ply export both with and without colors and checked in Meshlab and it was exported correctly with vertices colors. Can you please check your file in other software?

Regarding the exportVertexColors=“0”, I will check why the value is set to 0. However, it is the correct setting. When it is set to false, there is exportVertexColors=“2”. The same values are used for e.g. .obj export.

Hi Zuzana,

My mistake! I was trying to bake a non-existent base texture in xNormal instead of the actual vertex colours. Everything is working fine now. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting back, I am glad to hear that it is working now :slight_smile: